Help Support France Build Its First Dragstrip

95PGTTech

Established Member
A guy from France posted this on the Bullet, trying to help him out. I'm not France's biggest fan and I take any chance I can to get a cheap comment in, but racing is racing and we need to support each other regardless of type of racing or where it is located.

In France, they race on airstrip runways - there are laws now on the books preventing this starting 2014 so racers have gathered a site to build a strip, permits, funding, etc. about 2 hours from Paris. All that's left is support/political leverage for approval. Please click the link and fill out the form at bottom, available in translated English. All it needs is your first and last name, email, driver/mechanic/owner and age/sex. Takes about 30 seconds.

Soutien à la création d'une piste de dragster

Last edited:

george.arnold

Established Member
A guy from France posted this on the Bullet, trying to help him out. I'm not France's biggest fan and I take any chance I can to get a cheap comment in, but racing is racing and we need to support each other regardless of type of racing or where it is located.

In France, they race on dragstrips - there are laws now on the books preventing this starting 2014 so racers have gathered a site to build a strip, permits, funding, etc. about 2 hours from Paris. All that's left is support/political leverage for approval. Please click the link and fill out the form at bottom, available in translated English. All it needs is your first and last name, email, driver/mechanic/owner and age/sex. Takes about 30 seconds.

Soutien à la création d'une piste de dragster

Done. But I think you may have mistyped. They are building a drag strip because they normally race on air strips over there, right?

95PGTTech

Established Member
Done. But I think you may have mistyped. They are building a drag strip because they normally race on air strips over there, right?

Yes, sorry, I did mistype. Previously sanctioned events have been happening on old airstrips year round. New laws are prohibiting this, so they purchased their own venue to circumvent these laws and update the facility to conform with the law (an old airstrip, ironically).

Edited OP.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Why would we want to help a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys get a dragstrip???

I keed, I keed, but seriously, how is it possible that nobody built a dragstrip there? Then again, France isn't exactly known for "performance cars" or competent engineering

95PGTTech

Established Member
Drag racing is drag racing to me, wherever it is :shrug:

Personally, I'm a road racer and I think drag racing is pretty lame after getting on a course once, I'll never waste my time again and I'm located directly in between Atco and E-town. But racing is racing, and we all need to stick together to grow new avenues and protect the old ones. The minute you let the general public see weakness/division, they move in with more rules, ordinances, and laws. Soon, you can't do anything to your car other than put bug deflectors on it, let alone race.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Le Mans!!!

4026332507_23d7ec581d.jpg

salute.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread