help supercharger with wastegate n boost controler

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Id think it would put needless strain on the blower.. Dont wanna go fast or high boost, dont press down the pedal...

THAITED

Established Member
Ok, even with this set up, would the centri blower make any boost below 3k rpms? And for those of you with centri blowers pushing 20+psi, what kind of boost are you seeing at or below 3k rpms?

Oh yeah, DRk281 just got his car dynoed yesterday @ 21 PSI he had the same set up as mine except for the 4 valves heads. He is pushing 702 rwhp and 618 lbs rwtqr. The power came on a lot quicker per his testimony. It feels like a twinscrews. I don't recall how many lbs of boost at 3k but way more than what I have at the same rpm.

Last edited:

97samssnake

Established Member
Alright, well then maybe this will work. I still have my doubts as to how quick the power will come in. I've never been in a big centri blower(i.e. F1A) car though, so I don't know exactly how they feel.

THAITED

Established Member
Alright, well then maybe this will work. I still have my doubts as to how quick the power will come in. I've never been in a big centri blower(i.e. F1A) car though, so I don't know exactly how they feel.

It's feel like turbo from idle to around 3k then the power start pouring out but not until like 4500k+ when it pulled hard all the way up top

Is the boost controller accurate? Even with controlling a wastegate on the intake side, rather than the high pressures of the exhaust side of a turbo?

Homer

It connects to the vaccumm line so the boost should be accurate.

Last edited:

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
What if for some reason your vacume lins or whatever arnt setup right or fail. your motor goes pop. It is a great idea but my geard for the guy that visits the track every or every other weekend. dd purpose would only shorten the life of the blower imo. At 2k rpm engine speed say the blower is spinning at 10k rpms with a 10lb pulley, well if you want to swap a 20lbs pulley to achive that same 10lbs at a lower rpm you will be spinning 20k rpms a 2k rpm engine speed. More strees:eek:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
What if for some reason your vacume lins or whatever arnt setup right or fail. your motor goes pop. It is a great idea but my geard for the guy that visits the track every or every other weekend. dd purpose would only shorten the life of the blower imo. At 2k rpm engine speed say the blower is spinning at 10k rpms with a 10lb pulley, well if you want to swap a 20lbs pulley to achive that same 10lbs at a lower rpm you will be spinning 20k rpms a 2k rpm engine speed. More strees:eek:

I agree and I really wouldnt want this setup on my street car. If this were ppoven to be a reliable setup then I would use it..but not many people have done this yet so there isnt any good experiences to conclude if it is in fact reliable.....

THAITED

Established Member
In the way you're right but myNovi 2000 can take up to 27 psi so it should be able to take 20-22 psi no problem. My street tune will bleed the boost of at 16 psi with 91 octane. My race tune will be full blown 22 psi if I can get up there. The vaccumm line also control the bypass valve so if it fail, the engine gonna blow up any way. So far my works great so why not try it with wastegate. All turbo cars also control by vaccumm boost so if it fail then we all know what will happen to the poor engine.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I had thought about giving this a shot since I have a couple of wastegates in the shop from a couple of old turbo setups. I just need to get the blower. I don't want to try this with a P1.

I have a P1 Procharger that I'm going to try this with. I just need a wastegate and controller.

Why don't you want to try this with a P1?

Homer

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
In the way you're right but myNovi 2000 can take up to 27 psi so it should be able to take 20-22 psi no problem. My street tune will bleed the boost of at 16 psi with 91 octane. My race tune will be full blown 22 psi if I can get up there. The vaccumm line also control the bypass valve so if it fail, the engine gonna blow up any way. So far my works great so why not try it with wastegate. All turbo cars also control by vaccumm boost so if it fail then we all know what will happen to the poor engine.

Boost is an arbitrary number. What you need to pay attention to is the blower's impeller speed. Boost pressure is a measure of the restriction of your engine. IT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING! If you are within the manufacturers' specs for impeller speed you should be just fine, although you will wear it out faster spinning it higher.

THAITED

Established Member
Boost is an arbitrary number. What you need to pay attention to is the blower's impeller speed. Boost pressure is a measure of the restriction of your engine. IT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING! If you are within the manufacturers' specs for impeller speed you should be just fine, although you will wear it out faster spinning it higher.

I agreed but we gotta have some fun some time:beer::rockon:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
The vaccumm line also control the bypass valve so if it fail, the engine gonna blow up any way. So far my works great so why not try it with wastegate. All turbo cars also control by vaccumm boost so if it fail then we all know what will happen to the poor engine.

Does anyone make a "popoff", "bleeder", or "over-boost" valve that's not vacuum actuated? Rather, it's closed until a pre-set PSI pushes the valve open?

You know what would be really sweet....Just as a wastegate controls turbo-boost by controlling impeller/turbine RPM, it would be awesome to be able to variably control the impeller RPM of a centrifugal or roots supercharger. By using a CVT, clutch, or multi-speed transmission, one could adjust the boost curve for different situations such as traction/launch, race gas, mileage, etc

Homer

THAITED

Established Member
Does anyone make a "popoff", "bleeder", or "over-boost" valve that's not vacuum actuated? Rather, it's closed until a pre-set PSI pushes the valve open?

You know what would be really sweet....Just as a wastegate controls turbo-boost by controlling impeller/turbine RPM, it would be awesome to be able to variably control the impeller RPM of a centrifugal or roots supercharger. By using a CVT, clutch, or multi-speed transmission, one could adjust the boost curve for different situations such as traction/launch, race gas, mileage, etc

Homer

To be honest, I don't know but the idea sounds really good and it would cost less money to modify it too. I know the wastegate cause like $200+or something.

RED@7K

4VEE4ME
Established Member
Sorry to bring this back from the dead...

but i want to do this! pulley my D1 with a 10% overdriving lower and a 3.5 upper for 62k RPM @ 7200 RPM, and then regulate it @ about 15-16lbs with either a wastegate or this....

http://www.928motorsports.com/parts/boostlimitervalve.php

i like this better than the wastgate option, as im not looking for the on the fly adjustability of the wastegate/boost controller combo. but rather the much more agressive boost curves.

my main concern with this is HEAT. i have the Procharger 3 core "race" intercooler and was also thinking about meth inj. with this as well.

whatchya think??? sounds like a solid idea to making a centri. blower MUCH more fun on the street....

Last edited:

RED@7K

4VEE4ME
Established Member
belt slip with a RR 3.5 upper??

i dont think anyone will have problems with a 3.5 upper....but good thing i have 8 rib already....

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
you would most def need at least an 8 rib setup. Belt slip is going to be a huge issue at 20psi.

i was also breaking tensioners left and right at 20 psi.
make sure you get a steel tensioner if you plan on doing this.

or better yet, just get a turbo set up.

theHumP

Established Member
Couldnt a similar effect be achieved at a smaller level by simply putting a bit smaller pulley, say 13lb, and a bypass rated at 10? It should move things down a bit, but still bleed off the excess psi. Just a cheap thought.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
whatchya think??? sounds like a solid idea to making a centri. blower MUCH more fun on the street....

Price is right for sure, sorta like a manual boost control valve....

This setup is more or less a return fuel system, they work ok w/o heating the fuel much. It should only increase the air temp of whatever # you set it to according to gas laws. Basically states w given air flow as pressure increases so does air temp. Even w impeller spinning up and flow increasing it shouldn't be near the temp of just doing 20# if set at 10#. What can we say for sure? Turbos use it.

You need a blowthru maf setup though of course w bypass before the maf.

Users who are viewing this thread