Stock 302
42lb injectors
255 fuel pump
T rex boost pump
Cobra upper intake
Gt40 lower.
E-303 cam
Sct chip and ba2400 mass air

Now for the info. I am running gt40 aluminun heads cut for lockwires. This is the third head gasket ive blown and the car was tuned twice. Timing was at 10 deg. And i am running a V1 t trim with 10lbs of boost. Last time they blew the tuner found the t rex pump wasnt working so it was leaning out.
Now it was fixed. Drove it one nite laid into it hard 3rd 4th gear highway, not even redline. Blew #6 and 7 cylinder hg. Its pushing combustion into cooling system. Heads where checked previous install and came back good. Last time it blew #3 lockwire. Compression on good side of motor put out 160's blown side 130's .

Im completely had it with the car. I hear people running 12psi on gt 40 heads.

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance

wheelhopper

Established Member
Did you simply build up your stock block or did you have your stock block machined. Sounds like to me that you may need to get your block decked and might as well have your heads shaved while you have them off to ensure a flat mating surface.

noodle3422

Established Member
I bolt the car used and had issues. The block im not sure about and i know the heads have been checked and the shop said the where not warped. Can i have the heads shaved? Or fill in the lockwires and run different gaskets? And have the block deck checked? Also cost wise id like to not waste too much more money on these heads.

bullypits01

Established Member
If your machine shop says your heads aren't warped. I'd yank the shortblock and have it checked. I'm not sure what lockwired means, but I'd ask my machinist about o ringing the heads and block and use o ring head gaskets. They should be able to tell you which ones you'll need.

Have you been using the same head bolts over n over? You may want to invest in new ones. Just a few thoughts.....

Users who are viewing this thread