Help! Stuck in oc!!! Cobra running problems

blownnotcher

MACA Resident MMA Fighter
Established Member
97 cobra vrtech strim stalled in traffic and won't start back up, ran fine then nothing, try to start it and hold it wot when turning it over it will run for 2 seconds and die, both pumps are working any ideas

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Not sure if the 97 has a frps, but a blew a few of those in the past. You have a fuel reset button in the trunk? Have a fuel pressure gauge? Check those fittings.

blownnotcher

Established Member
Checked alot of stuff do u guys know of ford coil packs have to be mounted to the engine mounting bracket or are they grounded through thr harness

blownnotcher

Established Member
Thinking the maf may have gotten wet or maybe the mafia got wet both are in the fender well and it's raining pretty heavy here

blownnotcher

Established Member
Thanks man but I have given up on trying to fix it here in oc.... Have a trailor on its way in the am.... However this does make me wanna make a for sale add haha 500hp 97 cobra with 33k miles for sale anyone interested? Lol

blownnotcher

Established Member
does anyone have a 255 pump laying around for sale? i think the intank pump died and the t rex was trying to pull fuel through the dead pump

Users who are viewing this thread