help- shradder valve broke off.

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
can anyone please help me. I was unscrewing the shradder valve and the damn thing broke off with the thread still stuck in there. any of you guys know how i can take the remaining thred out.any sugggestions would be helpful

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
the valve split in half with the other half still stuck in the thread. have no idea to get the remaining thread out.

BLK_03

Established Member
Did you get any turns on the valve before it broke. Any part exposed to grab on to? Is the pressure in the fuel line already releived ( I assume so)?

If the remaining piece of valve is hollow, and you were able to get a few turns on it before it broke, you might be able to wedge a flat head scredriver in and slowly turn it out...

Without any pics of what is left, it is hard to suggest anything.

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
Originally posted by BLK_03

If the remaining piece of valve is hollow, and you were able to get a few turns on it before it broke, you might be able to wedge a flat head scredriver in and slowly turn it out...
that is what I was thinking

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
it's cool guys thanks for the ideas. If this happens to any of you guys get a tool called a screw extractor. it goes right in the hole and you use a drill to get it out. pretty neat tool.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread