Help setting up detailing

BecauseRacecar

Established Member
I'm looking to get into really detailing my car more. What I'd like is a list of everything I need. I know the basics, but I want to go over the top an make it beautiful.

Wash mit (lamb wool?)
Car wash (good brand)
Wax

I also at one time had something call P21 I think it was. It was an all around cleaner. Does anyone know of it?

Also I need something to clean my engine bay with. It's never been cleaned since it rolled off the line back in '91. An what's the best way to go about cleaning it an what not

Last edited:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Word of advice, DO NOT DRINK THE AUTOGEEK COOLAID WHEN IT COMES TO BUYING STUFF. A lot of products they recommend are a waste of money. You can learn a lot of the technical aspects of starting into detailing. But when it comes to products that is not a board to rely on. They have banned people from there for recommending products they do not sale or giving bad reviews of products they do.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Where would you go to look for unbiased opinions on products and to purchase products not sold by their site?

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Where would you go to look for unbiased opinions on products and to purchase products not sold by their site?

There are a lot of products out there not sold by them. Autopia.org is generally the counter site to Autogeek. You will find A LOT more high end detailing professional there then on Autogeek. You can generally get more honest information there. Autogeek sales a lot of good products. But they recommend a lot of stuff that is junk.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
There are a lot of products out there not sold by them. Autopia.org is generally the counter site to Autogeek. You will find A LOT more high end detailing professional there then on Autogeek. You can generally get more honest information there. Autogeek sales a lot of good products. But they recommend a lot of stuff that is junk.

^^^^^True ^^^^^

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member

detailing bliss

without paint correction

2 buckets with grit guards
wash mit of your choice
Soap(I really like Perls) or ONR for winter months or water restriction during the month
I like to use a foamer to soap the car first
good microfibers for drying

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
Adam's Premium Car Care - Cleaners, Waxes and Polishes Made in the USA

Great customer service, 110# gurantee, easy system...it is a little pricey compared to others but the products are quality and the people are great...once i ordered some products that were liquid in the winter and fedex messed up and didnt bring the package on my day off like the confirmation said, so i wasnt there and the products froze solid and were junk, called them p to order the same thing and they asked me why (because of my recent order) and i told the story and they said they would send it free...they also have detailing videos on there site

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
i prefer wool wash mitts and lusso is my car soap of choice. I like detailers domain and Phil there is great with the customers! great deals and savings too!

Also got some free prima soap when i bought my new wash mitt for next spring anybody tried that?

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member

+1 I found out the hard way when I bought a few things that were "recommended" from autogeek

Users who are viewing this thread