Help Saleen S281

Dealwitme

Established Member
I need some input. I have a 1997 S281 (nonsupercharged), the car only has 43k miles on it. The problem is that I want more power and I don't know if I should just leave it alone. The car is number 106 out of 327 built that year. Remember back in '97 the 4.6L only put out about 240 hp from Saleen. Should I just buy something different or spend some money on her. Also, I rarely drive this car but when I do, I want more umph out of her.

kaoss281

Established Member
dude bas ass car i recently bought a saleen also exactly like yours the laser red i think it except mine is a 98. and non supercharged....and i was posting up forums and the best advice i got was to go with the PI swap....which is pretty much just getting perfomance improved heads, cams, manifold...etc.....
be prepared to put a dent in your wallet lol but i guess according to these guys on this forum its the best way to start...... oh and dont sell her lol

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
i had an 03 sc saleen. needless to say i sold it and baught a 03 cobra. the 2 cars dont compare as far as performance. and mine will handle quite well with what its goin for suspension upgrades. if a little bit of power is ok with u then keep what u got and mod it. if u want to alot more power i would only do exhaust mods to it and then buy somethin different to play with

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
VT ported heads with VT stage 2 N/A cams if you dont plan on a blower, if you get a blower get some VT stage 3 blower cams. Both sound very nice

Users who are viewing this thread