HELP! Running issues

svt2415

Established Member
Ok, I am hitting a wall on what is going on with my cobra. The car has a buck while driving under load. While idling, the rpm will fluctuate slightly. I have been through the fuel system (new pump & regulator, injectors removed, cleaned with new screens and pintle caps). I have been through the ignition system (new plugs, wires, cap, rotor). I switched out the TFI and coil with from a friends and have a new distributor(don't ask!). Nothing I do fixes this issue. I don't think it is a vacuum leak. I have been testing every sensor with my Probst book in hand. I can't figure this out. I am going crazy. Car is almost undrivable. Please help!!! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
check and clean the IAC ilde air motor, mass air sensor, and make sure the egr valve isnt sticking open. Any check engine light or codes?

svt2415

Established Member
That is the thing that is making this hard to track down, no codes are coming up. When I first ran into this issue( after sitting for a while and post a radiator swap) I did get a code for the secondary air system. I relaced the solenoids and the code cleared. No other codes found. Even ran a cylinder balance check and it came back good. I have checked the MAF, IAC using a DMM using the Probst book and they check out. When I had the upper intake off I put vacuum to the EGR and it was not sticking. At this point I feel like I am ruining out of things to check. Don't know what to do.

WillyB93

Established Member
That is the thing that is making this hard to track down, no codes are coming up. When I first ran into this issue( after sitting for a while and post a radiator swap) I did get a code for the secondary air system. I relaced the solenoids and the code cleared. No other codes found. Even ran a cylinder balance check and it came back good. I have checked the MAF, IAC using a DMM using the Probst book and they check out. When I had the upper intake off I put vacuum to the EGR and it was not sticking. At this point I feel like I am ruining out of things to check. Don't know what to do.

Did you replace or re use the old upper intake gasket? On my red car the plentium gasket was bad which was causing a higher idle and bucking.

Users who are viewing this thread