Help Rubbing with MBRP LTs

04YellowGT

Established Member
So I have MBRP LTs on my 2011. I've noticed since they've been installed there is an very loud grinding/screeching when turning the steering wheel. Obviously we all know what the problem is from the many threads posted from guys with LTs. The headers are rubbing on the steering shaft. Ive read and tried loosening the motor mounts and pushing the engine but that's still not enough.

My question is what is the next option, I read somewhere that motor mounts would fix the issue? Is that true and if so is there a preferred brand to buy?

Thanks in advance.

scott_0

Established Member
what do you mean you "pushed the engine up" you need to add a few washers between the motor mount bracket and the motor mount to get some additional clearance, I had to do this with my Pypes

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
When I installed my LT's my drivers side header contacted the bell housing. I wedged a pry bar between the primary that was hitting and the trans. Started the car and allowed the headers to get good and hot. After the car cooled, I removed the pry bar and I had the clearance needed….Maybe I got lucky, but thats what worked for me.

04YellowGT

Established Member
what do you mean you "pushed the engine up" you need to add a few washers between the motor mount bracket and the motor mount to get some additional clearance, I had to do this with my Pypes

I didn't push it up I pushed it over. I read in another thread on her that you could push the motor over to give the header clearance.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Give our tech department a call at 888-636-7223 and maybe one of our designers can chime in. I've never had a set do this and I've installed a few of them so far.

Users who are viewing this thread