Help Removing Door Panels

jfclague

Established Member
Does anyone know how to remove the door panels? I am installing my sound deadening material this weekend and wanted to do the doors also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Pull the Mach 460 cover off, then remove the speaker.

Pry the power window/door handle piece up and out. Take out any screws you see. Lift the whole panel up and off.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Get yourself a panel puller. Makes it easier.

The plastic insert piece where your hand goes to open and close door pops out. You use the panel puller to pop rear part straight up while poping the vertical part of it out. The rear piece has a tab that easily breaks.

After you pull that piece out, disconnect plug from window/lock switch. I believe phillips screws hold it in place versus a quick disconnect plug.

THere are a couple of screws behind the piece you just removed holding door panel in place.

Some people remove trim piece around door handle but I find it easier to leave in place.

Remove tab that is in front bottom part of door facing door jam. The remainder of panel is held in by plastic tabs. That is where door panel puller comes in place by placing it in between each tab and the door and pushing the bottom of puller while the top piece angles back towards you.

I can't remember if I had to remove the Mach 460 tweeter pod to get panel out. You will know once you try and pull it out. The tweeter pod cover pops off and reveals a hidden screw that holds the pod in place.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread