Help! Rear Sway Bar link touching axle IRS

BTSMUSTANG

Established Member
I have run into a very strange problem that I need some help with. My rear sway bar link comes in contact with my axle/halfshaft while hard cornering or going over large bumps.

A few weeks ago while changing my rear brake pads I found my driver side sway bar bushing braket was broken in two. I took the broken braket out and ordered a new one. The cobra is my daily driver so I drove it with ease for a couple days without a sway bar bushing braket on the driver side:nono:.......

Well, I got the new braket in and installed it, went in just fine. I went out for a test drive and now when I corner hard or go over a bump the driver side sway bar link comes in contact with the axle/half shaft! WTF, the sway bar is not bent nor can I see a bend in the sway bar end link.

Im really at a lost, please help!

Bite Me

Established Member
I am guessing you are talking about the sway bar bracket that attaches the sway bar to the subframe.....could be the end link is bent, sway bar is bent....not sure man. Ask Bruce at FTBR, he may have an idea. I havent ever seen a sway bar under load in corners to know what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread