Help:QMP Exhaust question....

F8LSNK04

Established Member
Ok guys I have seen LTHL PSI's Videos and love how his car sounds... I know he's running the QMP 3" Catback Systems, with X pipe(Cats Not sure???), Kooks Long Tube Headers. Does anyone know where you can get this QMP Catback and X-Pipe for the stock manifolds? Any pictures? Thanks a lot :thumbsup: Have done search etc.. But no luck :(

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
The 3" QMP was a heads-to-bumper affair. No way to keep any part of the stock exhaust and have any part of the 3" QMP. I am not sure if it had any cats but the mufflers were special made and had problems. It was expensive, about $1K for the system. Limited release, poor quality stainless that actually rusted...there may not be many around now.

MystichromeVert

Established Member
F8LSNK04 said:
Thanks for the reply Im still doing research.... I found this which is who I think makes the QMP systems http://www.stainlessworks.net/Ford Mustang 1964-2003.htm Anyone know for sure I did a google search and thats what I found I dunno though.

That is the company that makes the system QMP sold.

I actually just purchased the entire system through a group purchase on a different site. The group purchase is closed, but this link has a lot of great info on the stainless works exhaust.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20909

If you're gonna order, get in line.... I called last Friday and its 4 - 6 weeks before the parts will ship.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
CarpetCityCobra said:
The 3" QMP was a heads-to-bumper affair. No way to keep any part of the stock exhaust and have any part of the 3" QMP. I am not sure if it had any cats but the mufflers were special made and had problems. It was expensive, about $1K for the system. Limited release, poor quality stainless that actually rusted...there may not be many around now.

Before anybody jumps on me for my comments...this was information that was posted on this board and a few others from as early as 2002. I considered a QMP but was dissuaded by the "all or nothing" concept. I still consider it to be a worthwhile alternative to a Bassani or even Magnaflow.

Users who are viewing this thread