Help!! PURCHASING A SHELBY SOON

GZUPGT500

Established Member
Guys ill be purchasing a 2014 Shelby in the coming months. I'm super excited:banana:. I just wanted to get some detailed insight on how your time went at the dealership and what you had to have when you arrived (down payments shipping cost etc.) all you current 2014-2013 Shelby owners. Gimme the scoop. O and mines will be all black track pack black recaro seats glass roof nav the works:dancenana:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
1- if you havnt ordered yet- you're in luck. Every dealer seems to order the exact car you want.

2- penfed.org has the best rates if you're going to finance.

3- do some searching- so as to no pay over MSRP.

4- the search function is your friend- also see the sticky "FAQ"

Good luck!

carguy19

Established Member
Guys ill be purchasing a 2014 Shelby in the coming months. I'm super excited:banana:. I just wanted to get some detailed insight on how your time went at the dealership and what you had to have when you arrived (down payments shipping cost etc.) all you current 2014-2013 Shelby owners. Gimme the scoop. O and mines will be all black track pack black recaro seats glass roof nav the works:dancenana:

If you want to order from scratch, and you dont mind a ride to NJ, I have a great dealer with an allocation that he just called me about yesterday (memorial day). No market adjustment or hidden fees.

PM me if you are interested.

muauto

Established Member
Is this penfed for federal employees or something? When I go to register, it wants a member number and PIN number, neither of which I have
No its not just for federal employees. I went with the advise off this fourm last month and got my loan throught PenFed.org @ 1.74%. But you will need to join one of the organizations thay have listed , it will cost you 15 dollars, then since you dont have a account with them you will be asked to and that will cost you 5 dollars. From start to finish took me less than a hour. I was approved right away there will be a PDF file you will need to print off sigh the third sheet and fax back. I did the application on a Wed check came Sat. But i did have a Vin # the dealer had the car in stock. Hope this helps. Good Luck

GZUPGT500

Established Member
1- if you havnt ordered yet- you're in luck. Every dealer seems to order the exact car you want.

2- penfed.org has the best rates if you're going to finance.

3- do some searching- so as to no pay over MSRP.

4- the search function is your friend- also see the sticky "FAQ"

Good luck!

Thanks Chris i checked out the penfed.org and seen there rates they are good thanks. My credit is not hot all due to some fraud i was hoping to have a nice down payment what are your thoughts? Woul it be best to get the msrp from the ford website build it on the website and view the print out

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Thanks Chris i checked out the penfed.org and seen there rates they are good thanks. My credit is not hot all due to some fraud i was hoping to have a nice down payment what are your thoughts? Woul it be best to get the msrp from the ford website build it on the website and view the print out

If your credit score is below a 720- dont bother applying to penfed

If your credit score is below 600- don't bother applying anywhere. Unless you're putting $40k down on a $60k loan- and be prepared to pay 8-13% interest

If you're somewhere in the middle- apply through capital one- or at the bank where you do most of your banking.

Use autotrader or cars.com find a car you like- and use that car as a basis for getting approved.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If your credit score is below a 720- dont bother applying to penfed

If your credit score is below 600- don't bother applying anywhere. Unless you're putting $40k down on a $60k loan- and be prepared to pay 8-13% interest

If you're somewhere in the middle- apply through capital one- or at the bank where you do most of your banking.

Use autotrader or cars.com find a car you like- and use that car as a basis for getting approved.

Excellent advice.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Can you refinance car loans? Im pretty sure I got ****ed.

740 score paying 4.5+ % when I put 16,000 down.

Mackey

Established Member
If a dealer tells you no one is selling these cars at MSRP they are lying.

It may be worth finding the exact car you want in the US and having it shipped rather than wait the "X" number of months.

Check the tires on the car for chunks missing or any other kind of "slices."

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

It may be worth finding the exact car you want in the US and having it shipped rather than wait the "X" number of months.

Check the tires on the car for chunks missing or any other kind of "slices."

I had one tell me they were doing over MSRP at auction....told that to the wrong guy. Bought the car for invoice.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I had one tell me they were doing over MSRP at auction....told that to the wrong guy. Bought the car for invoice.

I'm sure you both realize that there are dealers selling them for MSRP+ still.

A friend of mine in Kansas just sold a DIB/Black 2014 for $4500 over.

If you take your time and look around you will find deals, and if dealers take their time and hold strong they will find deals as well.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm sure you both realize that there are dealers selling them for MSRP+ still.

A friend of mine in Kansas just sold a DIB/Black 2014 for $4500 over.

If you take your time and look around you will find deals, and if dealers take their time and hold strong they will find deals as well.

Oh. Of course they are. Some idiot walked into one of my clients and said "I'll only pay $10k over" they would have sold it for under sticker.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh. Of course they are. Some idiot walked into one of my clients and said "I'll only pay $10k over" they would have sold it for under sticker.

Exactly. :lol:

I mean, I'm not out to make a fortune off of someone but if someone comes in and specifically prices the vehicle for me higher than what I would sell it for, I'm not going to haggle them down any.

Users who are viewing this thread