Help Plz!!

r.berry23

Established Member
i did a pulley swap 2.8 with a 74 1/4 inch belt and a amazon sct tune im calling them tomorrow but wats going on is wen i floor it in second when i hit top boost the car studdars/ jolts my ideas are either the belt is slipping or my other idea is if its not getting enough fuel ideas plz

sharkattack

2003 Cobra Silver
Established Member
That doesn't sound like a belt problem. Can you get it on a Dyno? Mine used to do the same. I was close to pegging my MAF. Went with an SCT 2400 MAF and updated the tune. No problems since.

r.berry23

Established Member
haha yea i called the tuner they said that its probably the plugs im putting on new ones ill gap to 35 hope this does it ill keep everyone informed thank you

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
:nonono:

Must we always blame the tune first?

i watch dyno tuners spend hours on these cars on the dyno, with plenty of data and things . . . these cars need that special attention if you want them to make good power and be good A/F . . . not saying it can't be done with a canned one, just saying I wouldn't recommend it . . . :beer:

Last edited:

r.berry23

Established Member
resolution

alrite guys it was the plugs runs like a beast now and for my reward for figuring it out i slapped on some stainless ss inserts thanx for the help guys

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
if it was plug gap . . . then :beer:

but if they were fouled . . . time to figure out why :)

glad u got it fixed tho

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
what kind of plugs were in there before you changed them and at what gap were they on?

r.berry23

Established Member
i dont know exactly what kind the dealer put them in but they were platinum plugs gapped at 45 i put in ngk tr6 plugs gapped to 35

Users who are viewing this thread