Help please!

Oncebitten99'

Green & Mean
Established Member
Ok. Last night i was racing this guy on the interstate and we raced 3 times. On the 3rd race I was about 3 cars in front of him and he said i was spewing black smoke out of my exhaust. At that time i noticed the truck was running kinda rough. So we took the next exit and pulled over to look it over. The oil was fine..great pressure. No check enging light was on. everything looked normal. Now at idle its like it has a slight miss to it. I have a horrible exhaust leak but i know that couldnt be it. Could it be a spark plug???? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys :beer:

uncooked

Established Member
I would pull the plugs for sure and have a look at them.

There are a few guys on the boards that are very good at reading plugs, maybe pull them and snap some pics and post them up.

Hopefully its nothing serious !

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
sounds like you cooked a plug...pull em, inspect and replace

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Ok. Last night i was racing this guy on the interstate and we raced 3 times. On the 3rd race I was about 3 cars in front of him and he said i was spewing black smoke out of my exhaust. At that time i noticed the truck was running kinda rough. So we took the next exit and pulled over to look it over. The oil was fine..great pressure. No check enging light was on. everything looked normal. Now at idle its like it has a slight miss to it. I have a horrible exhaust leak but i know that couldnt be it. Could it be a spark plug???? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys :beer:

Black smoke sounds like it's running very rich. What do your exhaust pipe ends look like?

Users who are viewing this thread