Help Please!!!!!

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
I would appreciate any help wit this matter. I have a 99 Cobra, twin 57's, and starting Friday, the car started this issue. As long as I was out of the throttle, the car runs fine. Once in the throttle, even a little, the fuel pressure drops to "0" zero. It is like boost climbs and fuel pressure drops. I cleaned the MAF and the MAFia connections on Sunday. The car ran fine for one day, fuel pressure climbed to 60# when loaded. Then started it all again. I cleaned it again, no change. I changed the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor, and no change. Now the car will actually drop fuel pressure while in neutral when revved, although it only drops to about 10 #. Any help with this, or ideasd would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
Pumps should be new, at least as of April. I hope they are not going bad already. They are focus, 60# injectors, MAFia, but stock intake and rails. Guess it is one of th e few things left to check.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Did you ever get in touch with Will?

Fuel pump would be my guess. Also, what fuel filter setup are you running?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
focus pumps kinda suck, but I believe one of them may be going bad. In addition, its possible that the corrugated hoses in the tank may have split on one of the pumps.

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
Did you ever get in touch with Will?

Fuel pump would be my guess. Also, what fuel filter setup are you running?

Yah, I got ahold of him once. We are going through the potential causes. Funny thing is, yesterday without changing anyhting, the car ran like normal, 60# fuel pressure, full boost and all. Then it started acting up again. Weird, hopefully we can find the Gremlin soon...

Users who are viewing this thread