Help please

tv's 03

Established Member
Hi Guys,

I installed my flowmaster cat back last weekend. Today I received a trouble code P0161 Heater circuit bank 2 sensor 2.

My car has had the o/r H on it for 1 year now, and I have MIL eliminators. Does this mean one of my MIL Elim's is bad?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
It sure sounds like it could be related. I found a couple sites w/ codes, but they didn't say anything more than what you have already posted. Bump for ya.

P.S. You might want to consider ditching the MIL eliminators and just turn them (the rears) off in your tune.

Last edited:

tv's 03

Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
It sure sounds like it could be related. I found a couple sites w/ codes, but they didn't say anything more than what you have already posted. Bump for ya.

P.S. You might want to consider ditching the MIL eliminators and just turn them (the rears) off in your tune.

Yea, that's what I did. But to pass the obd II emmissions scanner I think I will need the MIL's or need to put the stock H back on. Its much easier to put on the MILS

mustang john

Established Member
The heater circiut code is different than the regular o2 code. The heater warms up the sensor to operating temp quicker. The mil eliminators just fool the sensor into thinking the cats are there and has nothing to do with the heater portion of the sensor. If you have a predator you dont need the mil eliminators, you can turn them off in the tune options

tv's 03

Established Member
RedfireSVT said:
Good luck passing emissions with an off road x-pipe.

They emmissions test is done via a code reader on 96 and newer obdII cars here in MO. No codes, you pass. The mils keep the codes from coming. However, they detect if the 02 sensor is working or not. The mil tricks the computer into thinking the sensor is operating normal.

tv's 03

Established Member
mustang john said:
The heater circiut code is different than the regular o2 code. The heater warms up the sensor to operating temp quicker. The mil eliminators just fool the sensor into thinking the cats are there and has nothing to do with the heater portion of the sensor. If you have a predator you dont need the mil eliminators, you can turn them off in the tune options

The mil elim turn off the rear 02 completely, and then sends signals to the computer as if everything is operating normal

If you turn off the 02's completely, I do not believe the obd II emmissions scanner will pass the car,because the computer needs to think they are operating normal, which the mil tricks the computer into believing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread