Help Please

FriscoCobra

Established Member
I just got my porter cable 7336 and had a few questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the orange pad and poorboy's 2.5 swirl remover, What is the correct speed for the machine while trying to remove spider web scratches and swirls ?

What is the correct speeds for polish, glaze and wax? I do have the white pads and black pads. I was going to use the white for polish and black for glaze and wax

Does it make a difference on the machine If i use the little rubber washer that comes with it or not ? I have the backing plate with velcro attachment.

Thanks again guys for all the help in th past, I know where to come for great detailing information. :thumbsup:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
ssr 2.5 = i use it @ about 3.5, then I proggress to 5-6 if there is a stubborn scratch.

Vm. = 2.5 or 3 Feels really smooth when applying it @#3 works for me.

Cmw 3.5 - 4.5 depends

also i dont know where you got your pads from. :idea:

Scott P

Established Member
FriscoCobra said:
I just got my porter cable 7336 and had a few questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the orange pad and poorboy's 2.5 swirl remover, What is the correct speed for the machine while trying to remove spider web scratches and swirls ?

I spread the polish around with the machine at 4 or so, then crank it up to 5.5-6. The extra speed makes the polish work better.

What is the correct speeds for polish, glaze and wax? I do have the white pads and black pads. I was going to use the white for polish and black for glaze and wax

I do all my polishing at 5 or higher. For glazing, I kick it down to 4-4.5. For sealants and waxes, I'll go to 2.5 or so. I typically apply those by hand, but have used the machine a few times.

Does it make a difference on the machine If i use the little rubber washer that comes with it or not ? I have the backing plate with velcro attachment.

Thanks again guys for all the help in th past, I know where to come for great detailing information. :thumbsup:

I don't recall a rubber washer, so I can't answer that one.

Users who are viewing this thread