Help please.. Coolant leak

Ltnstrk

Established Member
I really need help with this. I have a coolant leak and the coolant is leaking out of the Engine coolant resevoir but I dont know where. I let my friend drive the bolt while a followed in his vette and I saw it start to spray out from someplace but I dont know where the leak is. I tried to locate a detachted coolant hose but couldnt find anything. Please help. Thanks
Mike

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
we cant trace it for ya bud. go to AZ or CSK and get urself a cheap pressure tester and follow the directions. about all i can do to help you out until you find the leak. good luck.

fastasLtn said:
I really need help with this. I have a coolant leak and the coolant is leaking out of the Engine coolant resevoir but I dont know where. I let my friend drive the bolt while a followed in his vette and I saw it start to spray out from someplace but I dont know where the leak is. I tried to locate a detachted coolant hose but couldnt find anything. Please help. Thanks
Mike

How many miles on your Lightning? It may just be coming from the Radiator cap. I had the same problem with my Cobra about 25k back. The seal in the cap tends to wear in the 40 - 50k marker. I doubt its coming from the hose connected to the resorvoir. The clamps are ont here real tight, but hey, maybe you have a cracked hose. Still think your best bet is to replace the cap.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
SWThomas said:
Might be one of your heater hoses. Look in the area by your PCV.
+1, I had one completely slide off the connector while driving. It dumped ALOT of coolant out. The shitty Ford clamp just wouldn't hold the hose tight enough, so I replaced it with a new "worm gear" type. :thumbsup:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Five4Rider said:
+1, I had one completely slide off the connector while driving. It dumped ALOT of coolant out. The shitty Ford clamp just wouldn't hold the hose tight enough, so I replaced it with a new "worm gear" type. :thumbsup:

Exact same thing happened to me and I took the same action to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread