Help Please- Boost Problem

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
I wonder where these truck are likely to leak boost?

With the supercharger seating on top of the intercooler, I dont know where it could be loosing boost from.

I usally hit about 15-16 pounds and now all the sudden I am hitting like 10 then it slowly climbs to 12.

I dont think its the belt slipping. I installed two 100m idle pulleys. It took 3 ppl and a screw driver to get the belt on.

Thanks for any help.

Aaron

LightningMAS

Banned
make sure ur acuator is closing all the way..

or acuator gone bad?

gatorback belts sucks.. they intend to stretch.. gates are best way to go.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
LightningMAS said:
make sure ur acuator is closing all the way..

or acuator gone bad?

gatorback belts sucks.. they intend to stretch.. gates are best way to go.

I checked it and it seem to be fine unless I am over looking something. I am changing the high flows to stocks on the cats tomorrow so I will see how that will do.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
gatorbacks shouldnt stretch. they are kevlar lined so im told. mine hasnt streatched any. i would have ran a gates belt but couldnt find one in my size

I might be coming back down the anderson to see if you guys can figure it out. Hopefully I can meet you this time.

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
gatorbacks suck i installed my 2lb lower the othe other day and had to have 3 people and a screwdriver to get it on. I had to take the SC off the next day and i could easly get the belt back on by my self!

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
SlammedSVT said:
I checked it and it seem to be fine unless I am over looking something. I am changing the high flows to stocks on the cats tomorrow so I will see how that will do.
If the high flows are the cause of your lower boost, that don't meen you're makeing less whp. Just meens your flowing better. It's not the amount of boost, it's how much you flow.
Now to your issue, if i's not your actuator, up plug your boost bypass and see if that fixes it. A vacum leak is not going to cause that amount of boost loss, you have either a mechanical issue, or belt slip. Or, your just lowing much better now.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
wont be meeting me down in anderson... i live in maryland. might see me in nashville on monday though

O you didnt make the move the Anderson with Rick and Linn. My bad, I thought thats what they told me. What happening in Nashville?

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
HalfTime said:
If the high flows are the cause of your lower boost, that don't meen you're makeing less whp. Just meens your flowing better. It's not the amount of boost, it's how much you flow.
Now to your issue, if i's not your actuator, up plug your boost bypass and see if that fixes it. A vacum leak is not going to cause that amount of boost loss, you have either a mechanical issue, or belt slip. Or, your just lowing much better now.

I installed the stock mids and cats today and it seems like it running alot better. I lost a little on top end but torque feels so much stronger.

I took off the boost bypass and ran it. It ran the same so I hooked the boost bypass back up again.

How do you tell if the actuator is bad? Could it also be a blow intake gasket?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
SlammedSVT said:
O you didnt make the move the Anderson with Rick and Linn. My bad, I thought thats what they told me. What happening in Nashville?

nope didnt make the move... some times i wish i would have but my real job is here.

as for nashville... i fly in monday morning and head to jackson...

TruBluLightning

Sellout
Established Member
I had this problem right after I installed my ported blower. Instead of gaining the advertised 2lbs of boost I lost 3lbs all the way across the RPM band and had no boost charge so my torque curve just followed the HP up the dyno graph. I called Steig about it and he had me chack the clearance on my boost actuator to the stop screw on the S/Cer and that was right. After that he asked me if I had installed a boost bypass mod (which I had) and he told me that if you have a tune AND a boost bypass mod it could be causing boost flutter from the bypass actuator. I went to Auto Zone and bought 99 cents worth of fittings and put it back to stock and instantly got all my boost back. Not sure if this is your problem but it is worth looking at.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread