Help picking best tire for 18x10 rim

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I may not have HP levels like you [all stock], but I swear the Goodyear Eagle GS-D3 tires are just spectacular.
[Two years experience on these Goodyears] I have driven NA [CAN/US/MEX] & been caught in all types of weather [hot/cold, wet/dry, fog/mist] and all kinds of roads [flat/curves/mountain/toll/2-lane].
:( Right now, though, the last pair of 295/35R18s can be found in Levitown Goodyear store in PA. :(
I wonder if they still have 'em....
>>
[my set-up]

I'm running the OE size 275/40R17 in the front but picked up a matching OE machined set of AFS 18"x10"s for the rear with a 295/35R18 tire.
>
Lot of 'em here knock the look [you know who you are...] of having the OE 17 front ['03 machined look] & matching AFS 18 machined rear. But I'm happy with the look: yeah, at certain angles the rims do look somewhat different. Hey, each there own.... I get compliments all the time on how it looks tuff & subdue at the same time.
>
Heck, I have a new set of 295/35R18 tires stored since they are discontinued... That's how much I believe in these....

bbk03gt24

Established Member
i actually have been running a set of Goodyear Eagle tires on my daily driver and love them. i might want to look into a set b4 i make up my mind completely so i appreciate the heads up man!

46stang

Established Member
I have 17x9 in the front and 18x10 in the rear. I have h&r race springs with upper isolater removed from the rear and both isolaters installed in the front. My rear tires are 305-35-18, nitto drag radials. Mine doesn't rub at all with just me in the car, but when I took the wife and kids for a ride the tire did ever so slightly rub on the rear fender lips when I hit a big bump on the freeway. My fenders are not rolled. So I will likely go with a 295-35-18 tire next, as I don't want to put the one isolater back in the rear nor do I want to roll my fenders. Hope that helps you.

myiphonepicsandvideos193.jpg

bbk03gt24

Established Member
do you think that if you put the upper isolator back on in the rear it would still rub though?

I am not opposed to doing a spacer in addition to the MM IRS bolt; however, I as well don't want to roll my fenders and really honestly am just looking for something that will give me the right look from the rear, decent grip, and no rubbing.

That being said, if I decide to go with a 305 or 315 on an 18x10" wheel, would adding a spacer and the MM IRS bolt be enough to do away with the rubbing issue? This is of course on a lowered springs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread