Votes: 14 6.5%
  • GMC 2500

Votes: 26 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
I am gonna be buying a 3/4 ton 4x4 deisel truck in the next few months and I am kind of at a crossroads with all of them, the Ford is new and bad ass but unproven new motor and Trans has me concerned about durability, Dodge has an awesome setup in the mega cab because it is so big I am a big guy and my friends are all over 6'2" and 250lbs so this would be nice to get around in but the engine and trans suck ass compared to Ford and GM, the GMC is proven to be a very strong and upgradable truck lifts are inexpensive and the variety is enoromous but I am drawn more towards Ford because of the whole bailout thing. what are your thoughts and dont write that "chevy is better cause ford sucks", give some real thoughts. oh and it will probably get at least a 6 inch lift.

1. 2011 F250 Crew Cab

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I vote a 2010 F250 with the 6.4L and the 5r100 trans. Both have proven to be great and you can still pick up a brand new truck if you act quickly!

Also, spartan tuned and straight piped can get you about 550hp.

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
LMAO @ the stig. Check out this video

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvn6-NWRqvo"]YouTube- Diesel-Powered Throwdown! 2011 Ford Super Duty vs 2010 Ram HD[/nomedia]

now we need one with the gmc

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
yea dont want other poeple paying for my truck that would suck, j/k. I really like the 2010 F250 body style it looks awesome but I have heard bad things about the spartan motor and the 5r100 comparing that top the Duramax and Allison combo is like apples to oranges.

Satan's Snake

Established Member
I just got an 06 f250 crew cab short bed and I love it...I know not the same truck but its close as far as room is concerned...I'm 6ft and I've had 5 people in my truck with 0 problems as far as room

MGC

Established Member
I have an 06 Sierra crewcab with duramax/allison combo, I love it so far, pulls my cobra around like it's not even back there and gets 20 mpg doing it (egr blocked, straight piped and tuned) would definitely highly recommend it, as far as duramaxes go, LBZ seems to be the best so far (06.5 - 07.5) LMM (new body style) is basically a LBZ with a DPF and more emissions control, for that reason I went a little older. GL.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I'd either go with the Ford or GM.

The Duramax/Allison combo is a great setup. A good friend of mine owns one and it will tow anything you put behind it..

I dont have much knowledge on the new ford diesels though. I LOVED the older 7.3 powerstrokes. I almost bought one... Awesome trucks!

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I voted Ford but I may be a little biased.

Don't think you could go wrong with either Ford or GM though. Ford wins the looks but the Duramax/Allison is hard to beat in reliability.

Just not a fan of the Dodge. :shrug:

Buy me the Ford and I'll let u know if its worth getting yourself one!

Z28

Established Member
Dodge's suck and GM Products arent much better!

Thanks for your informative insight...lol

I think the new 6.7 powerstroke is going to be a great truck, and it sounds like the transmission will hold a ton of power. However, I would be a little nervous to buy the first model year of any new powertrain as there is always more maintenence/warranty work.

The Duramax/Allison is a proven to be a good combo for many years and is relatively more affordable than the Fords. However, it's hard to beat the interior of the new F-series trucks.

The Cummins is a great engine for pulling, but their stock automatic transmissions still lack reliablitiy when you throw more power at them. Their new 2500+ re-design is also a huge improvement over the pre-2010 trucks.

I would say your best bet is to take them all for a drive, you really can't go wrong with any of them. They all have their positives and drawbacks, but all are nice trucks. I voted for the F-250/350 as the best pick, but it's also at the top of the price range.

Last edited:

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I voted for the '11 SD with the new 6spd and 6.7 Stroker and the suspension refinements it's a beast of a truck! 730+ ftlbs of torque.....it'll pull anything you want.

I love my 08 F250 CC 4X4, although i'm running a V10 it's a helluva truck with plenty of power, towing ability and plently of cabin space. I'm 6'2" 250 and have plently of room in the front or the back. My dad is 6' 300 and is very comfortable in it as well.

This is my 3rd F series and it'll be a the only truck I'll ever own. Fords Stand out among others in the truck market for a reason.

Goodluck

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
yea because the 6.0 powerstroke was a GREAT motor. :kaboom:

That was international's **** up! :beer:. He asked help pick a truck not help pick a power plant.

Last edited:

awful knawful

Established Member
You can't go wrong with a Cummins. Ford is nice, but unproven. And how reliable were there last 2 diesel engines?

RAWRIGHT

Established Member
Obviously your are going to get a skewed opinion on here towards the F250, and the new motor looks like its going to be a beast unless issues pop up.

However I would vote for the Duramax, that's what we are running for work trucks in the oilfield. Ours are 3500's loaded up with a toolbox bed and hoist so close to 12k pounds all day everyday. We have had excellent luck with them, out of 6 we have not replaced a tranny yet and the oldest one is an 07 has 220k miles on it. We had 2 05 Cummins 2500's and they lost the transmissions around 150k, these weren't loaded just pickups with a toolbox. We have a 2011 Duramax on order to replace the one with 220k miles, so we will see how all the new emissions do.

Users who are viewing this thread