HELP! Paxton water pump pulley...

Badlilstang

Established Member
I'm in the middle of installing my Paxton and the water pump pulley provided is a 4 screw and mine is a 3 screw.. pulley looks the same size as what I already have. I also heard some 2014 had forged internals? Thanks for any advice!

imeyers302

Established Member
I'm in the middle of installing my Paxton and the water pump pulley provided is a 4 screw and mine is a 3 screw.. pulley looks the same size as what I already have. I also heard some 2014 had forged internals? Thanks for any advice!

No forged internals but later build 2014's had 2015 3 bolt water pumps and I believe the 2015 heads in some cases. Just tell them you need a 3 bolt pulley. Should be no problem. Kit just comes with 4 bolt because just about all the 11-14s have 4 bolt water pump pulleys. Later build 2014s can also get the Track Key from ford.

Last edited:

Hodor

Established Member
Wasn't necessary to change mine either. The stocker should be fine. I called Vortech to verify this because my kit didn't even include a new pulley.

Last edited:

Badlilstang

Established Member
Yeah, I dont see the need to swap its pretty much identical... Almost ready to put the bracket on .. this install has been a pain.. mostly because I am an auto and had to move the transmission lines..

imeyers302

Established Member
Yeah, I dont see the need to swap its pretty much identical... Almost ready to put the bracket on .. this install has been a pain.. mostly because I am an auto and had to move the transmission lines..

It's always something. I had to relocate the coolant lines for the oil cooler to install my Procharger.

Users who are viewing this thread