*HELP* Paint!!!

Performer5Oh

Established Member
My cars paint is in excellent condtion, not peeling or cracking anywhere. It looks brand new. HOWEVER, when it rains, water-spots stay into the paint, like its baked in there. I have to polish it, then wax it. It shouldn't be like that. I know it don't have a clear-coat, but my dad had a 89 lx 5.0 and when it rained on that he could just wash it and the water spots would come off. Is there anything I can buy, like a compound or anything that will keep me from polishing/waxing it everytime it gets rained on. Its getting really annoying, I just got done doing it again:gt: :gt: :gt:

Thanks for your help,
Randy

ERIK R DEVICK

Established Member
Hey hows it goin..could you tell me what kind of paint it was sprayed in...and what kind of cleaning products you use....and why is not clearcoated .....

Performer5Oh

Established Member
Originally posted by ERIK R DEVICK
Hey hows it goin..could you tell me what kind of paint it was sprayed in...and what kind of cleaning products you use....and why is not clearcoated .....

it came from the factory without a clearcoat. i use 3M products, sometimes Butter wax. Its the factory paint, don't know what they call it.....

thanks
Randy

Users who are viewing this thread