Help overrun a poll

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
hope they dont have an IP locater, but here you go.

Untitled_zpsf11f6f14.jpg

95PGTTech

Established Member
Done, commented.

I'd be willing to bet the people who just moved in (at a very low property tax rate assessed because of the "undesirable" location) will throw a fit if the track gets closed and everyone's property tax jumps $1000/year.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Happens every so often, someone moves near the local racetrack then complains about the noise and tries to get it closed down.

That happened around here awhile ago, but it was for a gravel quarry.

My question to them would be "What did they disguise the ROCK QUARRY as when you bought your home?!"

95PGTTech

Established Member
That happened around here awhile ago, but it was for a gravel quarry.

My question to them would be "What did they disguise the ROCK QUARRY as when you bought your home?!"

Realtors are part of the problem. They know stuff like this in the area and schedule house viewings around it. They drive you in a direction that does not go past it and are "busy" and not able to show the house any time there is a bad noise/event/etc.

High traffic areas (congestion), houses built on busy streets, nearby noisy businesses, are all great examples. They want to make the sale at all cost, so some good old fashioned DIY research is needed (should not need to be said on a $400K+ purchase!!!). Last realtor tried to get me to buy a home showed me at 11 on a school day. It was on a 4 lane street and traffic was very, very sparse. We at lunch after leaving at 1 and came back at 3 for school closing and sat around through rush hour time. Noisy as hell, streets were so busy they were jammed.

Coiled03

Established Member
"Didn't realize there was a track nearby when I bought this house.....derp derp."

Voted.

Users who are viewing this thread