help out a newbe

04slvr_snake

Established Member
Well so far all the mods I have done is a drop in K&N, steeda tri-ax, 2 chamber flows and predator programer. I want something new to roll out this summer, I have a 2004 Cobra with 1600 miles on her. I was thinking of a pulley and a tune for my programmer from RWDT. I also want to go with an o/r H. If this the way to go?? Like I said I only have 1600 miles and I don't want to push the envelope to soon. What size pulley would you say I run?? Will the H give me any power or only sound? Are there any other key mods I should do??

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Port the blower, put a 2.76 on it, go with a high flow cat style H pipe, and a tune. You should see 500/480-500.

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Pully+tune. Wait a year for the 08 or you will be crying in a thread about this is broke and that is broke tick this tick that pull vibe god i hope they get it right this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ModsAway

Established Member
I don't believe the new cobras are going to be anything special, they definately will not be any match for the new Z06's. If they are... be prepared to pay Z06 prices.

Every time we say, Ford better get it right this time (repeated cobra problems year to year, some production years even missed) they screw up again... Don't hold your breath.

04slvr_snake

Established Member
so what size pulley would you say is good? I have heard the 2.93 uppr because it is not to drastic and it leaves room for a nice 4# lower. How would my warrenty be effected?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
04slvr_snake said:
so what size pulley would you say is good? I have heard the 2.93 uppr because it is not to drastic and it leaves room for a nice 4# lower. How would my warrenty be effected?

:eek: :eek:

Uhhh....yea! You mod, you give up your warranty. Anything you would receive would be by the grace of the dealer. Be prepared to absorb any and all costs associated with this car if you pulley and/or tune it.

Z O SICK

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
:eek: :eek:

Uhhh....yea! You mod, you give up your warranty. Anything you would receive would be by the grace of the dealer. Be prepared to absorb any and all costs associated with this car if you pulley and/or tune it.

You gotta pay to play! If you want a fast car you have to take all thats come with it IMO.

Tony

dougwg

Established Member
04slvr_snake said:

yeah, a 2.93 is good

stop by the shop, I'll install your pulley (for a 4 pack of Guinness) :beer:

and if you need/want to put the stock back on... I'll do that too

And They won't be able to tell

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
kaboom said:
Pully+tune. Wait a year for the 08 or you will be crying in a thread about this is broke and that is broke tick this tick that pull vibe god i hope they get it right this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn! Bitter and discouraged are we? I've got 45K miles on mine, 10K after the 2.8 and tune and all of it spirited driving with NO issue whatever. The only issue I have is the shifter, which I think I tweaked on a hard shift. I race every single dry weekend so she ain't no Dyno Queen.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
dougwg said:
and if you need/want to put the stock back on... I'll do that too

And They won't be able to tell

They may not be able to tell if you swapped the pulley Doug, but they most definitely can tell if you've tuned the car...and that's enough to void in the case of many dealers or SVT. Now, if you know of a friendly dealer...that's a different story! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread