Help!! Opinion on trade offer

Lowride150

Established Member
Need some opinions on what you guys think I should do here. I have a 2001 cobra clean title with 127xxx miles on it. Motor was rebuilt few years ago and has mild bolt ons. The body has no rush but very light hail dents on roof and couple on the front fender but to not noticeable. I have a guy wanting to trade me a 99 cobra that has a rebuilt title. But here's the thing. Reason it was rebuilt was the car got hit and just body damage was done. Hood bumper and front fender was replaced. Body is n great shape. Interior is also about same as mine. Looks great but driver seat got light cracking. Now the kicker. The motor was totally built with proof but professional shop. Don't know all details but he has all receipts all proff of everything. Forged Pistons, rods hole bottom end everything was done. And has a d1sc procharger on it making 600+ hp to wheels with dyno sheets. Also has new t56 tranny with clutch to Handel the power, the rear end has sub frame connectors and IRS brace, gears. He wants to trade me straight up. He says he has over 25grand in receipts for the build all from within the last year and it's actually close to 30 grand total in it. What would u guys do here? I know If I wanted to sell the car n did the trade it be hard to get cash for it because
most lenders won't loan on rebuilt title. But I'm also thinking if I don't wanna keep it I could
probly trade it for something more valuable then what I could get for my 2001. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for any help.

Lowride150

Established Member
The 99 has 113 on the odometer to by the way so less miles. Has no problems at all n hold boost just fine. He only wants to trade because he thinks he can get cash easier out of mine because he wAnta to sell it anyways and move down south

Lowride150

Established Member
I'm thinking if I don't like it and want to keep it I could probly trade it for something even better then what I could trade me 01 for.

01yellercobra

Established Member
My concern is what is he hiding. That's a lot of parts on that car. If he really wanted to sell it I'm sure he could. At the most he could part it out and make a lot of his money back. If you're really interested go over that car with a fine tooth comb. Take it to a mechanic if need be. Have a compression check and leak down done on the engine.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Sounds to me like he's trying to dump off a problem car. If you do the deal check it out REAL good.

Lowride150

Established Member
Well he told me the reason he wants to trade is because he's only getting trade offers on the car and he wants to sell it. He's not even gonna keep mine it's going straight online for sale because he needs cash to move out of state. N I'm debating on doing it. Thinking if something did go wrong I could probly part it out for a lot. The pro charger it's self would bring nice chunk of change and everything else. He did tell me the only thing he hasn't done is new half shafts and that if we do trade be careful dig racing because at 610hp it could easily snap one. I'm just not sure what to do here. I would think with all the proff he has of the motor
Being built by known shop and proff of all parts the motor alone would be worth 7-8grand with procharger and all documentation. That's why I'm asking what u guys would do. I just can't make up my mind.

Lowride150

Established Member
It makes sense that he's not getting much cash offer because unless someone has 13k sitting around which I doubt then most lenders probly won't do a loan on it being rebuilt and mine being clean title they will. Now I do know on mine every bank values dif. My bank when I got
Loan for my car valued it at 11-14 and I had another bank say the top dollar in perfect condition is 9. So it does vary depending on where u go. N he said he drove the car 6 hours one way just recently.

Lowride150

Established Member
Come on guys what would u do here if u was me and the 99 had all documentation for motor being built and new transmission and rear end beffed up with gears but it still has rebuilt title

Lowride150

Established Member
I have the 01 it's clean title with some bolt ons only puts 295 to wheels. The 99
Is fully built with proff and puts 751 to wheels. But he has it set at 610 right now but has taken it up to 751. But it has rebuilt title and all the proff. So it makes double what my 01 makes.

01yellercobra

Established Member
My point was that I wouldn't have traded my built car for a non built car straight up. Something doesn't seem right. But who knows, we might be wrong and you might be lucky.

Lowride150

Established Member
I'm really hoping his built car with rebuilt title he having trouble getting cash offers n thinks he can get
More out of mine being clean title n that's reason he wants to trade. He said he posting mine for sale soon as he gets it home if we do it.

lilbuddy

Established Member
Your car is worth about $10k. He should be able to get $10k for his car and not go through the trouble of trading and then selling. Keep yours. Sounds like trouble.

McQueen5.0

Established Member
IF I was you I would trade if car running good and strong and vin numbers matches the title ... Trade it
You will have trouble selling depending on buyers they always wanna low ball because of the title not caring of mods ... But at the end of the day it's your car ! Trade it !!!!!!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I say too good to be true with your car having hail damage on the roof. If you do it, know there is probably at least a 50% chance he's working you. Do you know the guy?, do you have friends in common that can vouch for the guy or is just some random dude wanting to make you this great deal?

Users who are viewing this thread