help on the rear end girdle?!?!?!

pbm.cc

Established Member
ok, so I got this '03 and the rear end gridle was broken... so I got a new one from Ford and my friend was able to lower the IRS from the main IRS bolts...and change the Girdle. The car was put back together and when I took it for a test drive it feels like its DOGTAILING!

I looked at the spacing of the rear wheels and the passanger side wheel is closer to the front than the driver side wheel! Its not centered... so I figured since the car has IRS maybe he messed with the alignment of the rear. Took it to Sears to get all 4 wheels aligned and they said that the car was unalignable! (if thats a word?) they said that the rear end was messed up. but I drove the car before my friend broke the girlde and it went straight and smooth! the only thing that changed since then was the fact that he cahnged the rear end girdle.

is there a way to fix this problem? shouldnt they had been able to get the car aligned cause I thought that there is only one way to but the IRS back? also now the car has wheel hop when I get on it!? whats the deal?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Im not sure what you're referring to as a "girdle"? Possible the rear differential cover?

IMHO you need to get the car somewhere a little better than Sears and have them take a look at it.

FWIW

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

pbm.cc

Established Member
I took it to Rodeo Ford and the said that the rear end was shifted about 1/2" to 3/4" to the passanger side and that is why Sears could not align the car. they said that the car was in a wreck and I may not want to buy it!

that sucks a big johnson!

but I guess not 03 vert for me...

=(

Users who are viewing this thread