Help on my Cobra

tapout632

Established Member
My goal is to get atleast low12s in the 1/4. I was thinking of a S/C but after seeing it will cost a few thousand bucks I have decided to use the money or less for things that will make my car faster without getting the s/c. So far here are all the mods on my Cobra:

Custom Bassani Exhaust headers, O/R H-pipe,
Suspension Kit
Bilstein Shocks
4.10 Gears

I currently ordered a JLT CAI, after I install this I know it should give me about 20rwhp, also, does anybody know if this CAI will make the exhaust a bit louder because the filter will be more exposed instead of the stock K&N with the cover. I was thinking of getting Steeda Underdrive Pulleys' but not sure, What else can I do to improve this car performance wise? I see a lot of older GT's and Cobras like 97, 98 that are doing like 450rwhp and all that and would like to hang with those.

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
I have gone 12.77 w/ solid axle with 4.10's, Pulleys, Timing adjuster, Pro M 80mm MAF, O/R H pipe, Dynomax ultraflow catback. I would get headers, and instead of Timing adjuster, I would get a custom Tune and the JLT CAI is a good piece too. oh.. that was on drag radials too.

tapout632

Established Member
I have full exhaust I think.. Bassani Headers and 4.10s. Thinking of the Underdrive Pulley's (is Steeda the best to go?) What is the difference between Live and Solid Axle? and how much would I be looking at for that?

NXSVTCOBRA

ok, im back..... had to eat lunch

with a cat back exhaust, high gearing (4.10's-4.56), drag radials, or ET streets, CAI, headers, some type aftermarket midpipe, an aftermarket mass air meter, pulleys, and minor suspension work, you should be knocking on the doors of 11's if you're a good driver!

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
tapout,
what is your elevation? I know you're up there in Alaska, which may determine whether or not you will ever be able to get into the low 12s (due to elevation) N/A, no matter how good of a driver you are.

Users who are viewing this thread