Help on HID bulb replacement

Venom_GT

Established Member
I just changed my stock HID bulbs for 2013 to 8000k and it would turn on for 5 sec then shut off. I made sure the 8000k D1S was 35w just like the factory bulb. Is there something Ford did to stop people from using aftermarket bulbs? Thanks for the help

White608

Go faster
Established Member
I just changed my stock HID bulbs for 2013 to 8000k and it would turn on for 5 sec then shut off. I made sure the 8000k D1S was 35w just like the factory bulb. Is there something Ford did to stop people from using aftermarket bulbs? Thanks for the help

unhook one headlight and see if it will burn the other one. I've seen it before where they can't give enough power to start both and keep them on.

Venom_GT

Established Member
I tried that also and it would still shut off. I also tried 1 aftermarket and 1 stock. The stock one stayed on and the aftermarket shut off. I don't get it

Venom_GT

Established Member
A company called hidguys in Los Angeles. I have been ordering my bulbs from them for about 10 years, never had a problem. I jut installed the bulbs into a 2011 camaro and it works perfectly.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Try measuring resistance across the terminals on OE and replacement. I know when swapping LEDs into the plate bulbs on my a4 I had to buy LEDs with a load simulator to have a warning light not come on on the dash.

Venom_GT

Established Member
Thanks Sean, but the reason led need resistor is because it's not drawing enough watts to satisfy the power output, triggering hyper flash. These hid are the same required watts.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I understand why an led and halogen are different. Just trying to throw out ideas of things you could test besides plugging it in and not having contact with the vendor for 2 more days.

Users who are viewing this thread