Help on Boss oreder...Help Please!!!!!

c6dreamvette

Established Member
I called the dealer. First let me start by saying they are the nicest dealer I have ever delt with. The problem is they are a very small dealer and do not order cars often. I gave them the deposit and we agrred on a price last week, but when they put the order through, for whatever reason they would get an error on the order page if recaro seats were added.........I told them it was not a deal breaker. The dealer put the order through without the seats and everything was fine. I was told the car should be here by October (I assumed a third quarter build). So today I called to confirm if it was second or third quarter and the dealer told me they were not sure. I also told them to keep trying to put the recaro seats through...........
Why would they not know the quarter that the car is slated to be built?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Keep in mind this is a family dealer with 12 employees, which I think is great because of the way I am being treated with respect but at the same time I want to have my questions answered:shrug:

Help a new Mustang member please:beer:

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
Are they sure they have an allocation for the Boss that you are looking at getting.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Yeah I bet they don't have an allocation, not all dealers got one. Your dealer should send their area rep an email asking to confirm that they have an allocation and for what quarter. Ask to see the email if they do have an allocation. If they have an allocation there should not be an issue adding the Recaro seats. You cannot add the seats to a GT. I'd start looking at plan B.

c6dreamvette

Established Member
Yeah I bet they don't have an allocation, not all dealers got one. Your dealer should send their area rep an email asking to confirm that they have an allocation and for what quarter. Ask to see the email if they do have an allocation. If they have an allocation there should not be an issue adding the Recaro seats. You cannot add the seats to a GT. I'd start looking at plan B.
they have an allocation but it seems they just do not understand the in and outs of ordering a special car like the Boss car. Like I stated above the order for the Boss went through which suggest they have the allocation but for some reason an error would show up and not allow the order to go through when the seats were added. We added the option for the car cover and Boss floor mats with no issue. :shrug:

c6dreamvette

Established Member
I have a copy of the order form for a 2012 Boss and a recipt for my down payment on a 2012 Boss.......... Just was not able to add the seats:??:

c6dreamvette

Established Member

c6dreamvette

Established Member
No problem man! Keep us posted.

All is well:banana:
I was able to get a hold of a Ford Service rep.....
I now have an order #, Recaro seats and now I know for sure it is a third quarter build:rockon:

Now its just a waiting game, which is no big deal because it gives me time to build my shop:beer:

Thanks for the help Gents,

Users who are viewing this thread