Help Needed: Shaker 500 Amp Locations and Remote Turnon Wire

rancid

Established Member
Hey guys,

I have my entire car apart upgrading the Shaker system and installed a backup camera and for the life of me I cannot find the second amp for the Shaker system. I found the one under the driver kick panel but I cannot locate the second one, does anyone happen to know off the top of their head?

Also struggling with finding a switched 12v source for my amp that I can use. From what I understand the NAV leads going into the fuse box are 5v and it will not supply a proper signal unless you use a voltage regulator. I am hoping there is a way around this since it will take a couple days to get it from Radioshack. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am purely looking for a remote turnon wire, I already have the RCA situation figured out.

Thanks for any help.

Habbro

Noob
Established Member
Called stereo guru today. His recollection on my install was that both amps are in the driver side kickpanel. That is where they put the summation and CleanSweep units as the inputs etc were all right there. I have no pictures of this. My amp is in trunk. You can check my pictures on my previous post about this. Hope this was helpful CH

rancid

Established Member
Thanks Hab, I FINALLY got the speaker wire ran through the door today. I cannot tell you guys how big of a pain this was and will have some helpful tips when I do my full post.

I will check the kick panel again tomorrow to see if I can find the amps, if they are there that will indeed be easier to install the JL stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread