Help Needed. Question about Bill of Sale.

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
So I just finished paying my car note about 2 days ago and I am currently in the process of selling the car.
But I haven't received the title yet.

My question is: Is a Bill of Sale good enough to sell the vehicle? Or do i have to wait to receive the title??

Lets say if I do sell the vehicle with a Bill of Sale. When I receive the title through the mail, it would basically be no good right??

I live is Commufornia(CA) if that makes a difference....

SS EATR

Established Member
So I just finished paying my car note about 2 days ago and I am currently in the process of selling the car.
But I haven't received the title yet.

My question is: Is a Bill of Sale good enough to sell the vehicle? Or do i have to wait to receive the title??

Lets say if I do sell the vehicle with a Bill of Sale. When I receive the title through the mail, it would basically be no good right??

I live is Commufornia(CA) if that makes a difference....

The way I did it when I sold my car and was waiting for the title, we did a bill of sale, then I also signed something stating that I would give the new owner the title once I received it.

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
The way I did it when I sold my car and was waiting for the title, we did a bill of sale, then I also signed something stating that I would give the new owner the title once I received it.

What did you do with the title once you received it in the mail?

xtremeskime21

Established Member
Yeah...just sign it and send it away to the new owner once you've received it. Hopefully the new owner is trusting of you.

oldmodman

Established Member
If it was me buying the car I would not be willing to hand over any cash until I had the signed pink slip in my hand.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
The new owner won't be able to retitle the car in their name without a TITLE! If you don't give him the title, they will not be able to do anything with the car making it nearly worthless except for parts.

Users who are viewing this thread