Help needed in vegas!

04RiceEater

Established Member
I need someone who knows how to properly burp the system on a 03 cobra. My car overheated today after replacing the radiator and I think its because it was not burped correctly. If anyone in Vegas is familiar with these cars and this process I would greatly appreciate the help.

Jack

VegasMichael

Established Member
I had a similar problem with my GT500 when I installed a new heat exchanger. What eventually worked was the old toilet plunger method. I placed the plunger over the coolant tank and thrust downward a few times and BAM everything just got forced through and started to flow. Might be worth a shot if you tried it with your coolant tank.

Last edited:

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
Well, it is really pretty easy.
1. open surge tank, fill to line, replace lid.
2. remove the plug in your water inlet pipe (if it is tight, don't force, spay with thread penetrate and then apply a little, very little, heat with propane torch, then it will come off easy. Use 1.4" drive extension and ratch.
3. take the plug to hardware store, get plastic pipe with same thread, 6-8" long
4. install that plastic pipe, put funnel on top, and fill.
5. replace plug, start engine and run till warm, let cool completely, then repeat 1-5 steps until you can add no coolant to either place.

Did you use a 180 degree thermostat with a gortex vent or a 1/8" hold drilled into it?

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
dhfj.jpg

45t4.jpg

what I use, always seems to work.

Torchy

Established Member
Walt- at any point when you were burping did it shoot coolant out of your tube like a geyser?

Users who are viewing this thread