help needed ASAP

3ohh2

Established Member
looking for the torque spec for the timing belt idler pulley

searches and my instructions only list the tensioner pulley torque spec

the idler has a 15mm bolt head while the tensioner has a 10mm

does anyone know what the torque spec for this is????

help would be much appreciated as it would be nice to put my car back together tonight!!!

Thanks

3ohh2

Established Member
I figured 25 ft.lbs would do it. Closed it up and it runs fine.

Im going to go back and re-torque everything after a few break in miles anyway so I'll adjust it then. I found I cracked the upper timing belt cover when I changed the alternator and probably add a new water pump and accessory belt while I'm in there.... want to send me a quote?

Thanks.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I figured 25 ft.lbs would do it. Closed it up and it runs fine.

Im going to go back and re-torque everything after a few break in miles anyway so I'll adjust it then. I found I cracked the upper timing belt cover when I changed the alternator and probably add a new water pump and accessory belt while I'm in there.... want to send me a quote?

Thanks.

I broke my upper timing cover as well, I just left the one tab off and it's been fine.

Timing cover $36.51
Water pump $60.38
Serp belt $28.17

:beer:

3ohh2

Established Member
Well I'm now 200 miles since my T-Belt replacement and the car's running great but I'm getting a little more valve chatter than normal. It's kind of an uneven chattering sound compared to what it sounded like before and is slightly louder then what I'm used to hearing. It's only noticeable at idle and I have no CEL codes.

I'm thinking maybe the belt needs a little more tension - Is this a typical symptom for an under-tensioned belt?

I followed the replacement instructions word for word and lined up the tensioner pulley marker exactly as it said but after I torqued everything down, the belt felt like it had a little more slack in it than the one that just came off.

This is really the only thing I could think of causing it.... What do you guys think? Any ideas?

As always, everyones help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread