Help Needed - 2012 GT500 Shifter Assembly

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Hi ,

I need the bolt that connects the shifter bottom to the transmission linkage rod. Unfortunately Ford doesn't sell the bolt... only the complete assembly that runs like $177 at Tousley.

My ask: Does anyone has the specs for the bolt, washer and nut, so I can see if I can get it somewhere else? Or get something fabricated?

This is the bolt I am looking for...

Shifter.jpg

Many Thanks,

LEXiiON

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
I don't recall the measurements, but it's a shoulder bolt. In other words, it has a head, then a smooth section (no threads), then threads on the end. Your best bet is finding someone's extra. Even better, put in an MGW Gen II shifter. You need the same bolt for Gen I.

Steve

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Thanks... That MGW Gen II looks nice... Just another $469 to the built :(

If someone can give me the bolt info or has a spare that he is willing to sell me, let me know.

Thanks

LEXiiON

Speedboosted

Established Member
I don't have any info on the bolt for you...but if you have that shifter assembly out of the car (which it appears you do), take the whole thing into Ace or Home Depot or someplace like that and they can find you a bolt that will fit. Based off the info that 54first gave you, you should be able to get one.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I don't have any info on the bolt for you...but if you have that shifter assembly out of the car (which it appears you do), take the whole thing into Ace or Home Depot or someplace like that and they can find you a bolt that will fit. Based off the info that 54first gave you, you should be able to get one.

That's what my last resort is. It is 12mm and should be around 45-50mm long.... Or buy a bigger one, machine it down to 12mm to get the shoulder and then cut a thread at the end...

LEXiiON

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
It'll be easy to find one that is the correct thread width...find one that is the correct width and just cut it if its too long. Also, grab 12 hardened steel 3/8" washers and replace that horrible rubber isolator in the shifter stick.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
I don't recall the measurements, but it's a shoulder bolt. In other words, it has a head, then a smooth section (no threads), then threads on the end. Your best bet is finding someone's extra. Even better, put in an MGW Gen II shifter. You need the same bolt for Gen I.

Steve
+1, Yeah I get it is another 460$, but considering the chance of you finding that bolt is beyond rare and stock is 170$+, at least this time you get to put a good shifter in the trans. Why was it taken apart to begin with?

Last edited:

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
+1, Yeah I get it is another 460$, but considering the chance of you finding that bolt is beyond rare and stock is 170$+, at least this time you get to put a good shifter in the trans. Why was it taken apart to begin with?

I am working on my built. That's why the transmission is outside. I will create a thread about this soon.

LEXiiON

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I would change the shifter while it is out.

I will definitely do it outside. it just adds $$... Oh well... do it right the first time, correct? Just like adding Kooks LTH's, McLeod RXT etc... :(
I will think about it... still have some time to make a decision. Maybe i will come across a bolt ....

LEXiiON

Speedboosted

Established Member
I don't really mind the stocker to be honest. Replacing all the soft rubber spots with aluminum or polyurethane has really helped.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I guess I was lucky :D

The shift knob and other accessories I got from T3RMIN8TOR included the bolt ... :)

So all is good now..

Thanks,

LEXiiON

Users who are viewing this thread