{help} need to find/build a "special" jeep

RidnRodsLightng

Established Member
99caddysts said:
You could get some older cj series wranglers for some big engines.

For new the srt-8 is awesome.

that's what i was thinking....definitely an older jeep...heck i even like the REAL old jeeps. I just need that power. Whould you drop a big block in it....supercharge it...what?

SRT-8 is not an option for the Wrangler (gotta be able to be topless!)

Dusten

Established Member
RidnRodsLightng said:
that's what i was thinking....definitely an older jeep...heck i even like the REAL old jeeps. I just need that power. Whould you drop a big block in it....supercharge it...what?

SRT-8 is not an option for the Wrangler (gotta be able to be topless!)

If you want an old CJ, get one with a 304 and swap it out for a 401 AMC, they are the same external size, so very few things to do to swap it over.

Ben 98

Established Member
I wish you would have made this thread a few weeks ago, I have a friend who sold his 00 wrangler with a fuel injected SBC in it. Nothin crazy but the motor made 400 hp at the flywheel.

FBMphil

Established Member
Kenne Bell makes blowers for the 4.0 I6, and there's tons of performance shit for the SBChrysler in the JGC.

GLHS837

Established Member
CentennialVert said:
SRT8s are awesome trucks. The guy who tunes Joes GTTT has one that ran a 12.4 1/4m with just his tune and a CAI (Maybe a catback too, I can't remember). It's a gas guzzler though...but the seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat in.

Just for the record, that 12.4 was a nitrous run, not CAI exhuast and tune. Hell, his tune was never shown to do jack.

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
GLHS837 said:
Just for the record, that 12.4 was a nitrous run, not CAI exhuast and tune. Hell, his tune was never shown to do jack.

My bad. He told us right after he ran that it was just his tune and the CAI/Exhaust...wouldn't blame him for lying if his tune sucked.

If you want a fast wrangler, look at www.aev-conversions.com. They do a 5.7L Wrangler that runs low 13s stock. You can buy a wrangler and send it to them, or buy a turnkey Jeep from them already built.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Guy who built the motor for my Lightning built an older Jeep for another customer who has a ranch. I want to say it has a punched out 351 and the guy beats the ass out of this truck. Had to have a full roll cage put in cause he was afraid of getting killed in it
Ill try to get some pics of it if i can and if you want to call my builder on it the number is in my sig

Users who are viewing this thread