HELP! Need Exact F1 Tire Info

StangD281

Established Member
LINK

I need the stock F1 tire info....I read the "special original equipment" line on the bottom one, but it just doesn't look right.

Anyone verify, as I am nowhere near my car at the moment.

Thx...

Weasel

Established Member
I think that's the one. However, if I remember correctly from early on, that there are different specs for the ones on our cars vs something like the GM spec. I don't remember the code that's on your sidewall, but if you call Tire Rack they've probably done it enough to get the correct one for you.

Mike

lguerra1

Established Member
The sidewall rating should be a "98W". Other cars use the same tire, but that rating is lower, more like 93W or 96W, can't remember. The tire you want should have 98W. I would call them and ask.

StangD281

Established Member
I was just using tire rack for reference....I'm not buying from them, I can get them for cost here.

I knew there was something about the load index that was different, just couldn't find the thread about it. My search skills were lacking this morning. :(

The 93W is Gm-spec, 98W is for our pig-ass cars. My rear F1's are finally shot after 10,000 miles. Thanks for the replies, fellas.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Are you going back to the F1's. I would reccommend going with something else.

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
Are you going back to the F1's. I would reccommend going with something else.
Just a quick replacement for the rears. The front tires are fine, but the backs are shit. I figure I will get the same life out of the rears again, and at that point I will need new fronts. Then a new set on all corners of something I prefer over the Goodyears.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Good deal, nitto's are cheaper and seem to be better than the f1's. But for reallly good tires go with michelin pilot's. I have had way to many f1's that come in brand new that are out of round causing the VIBE.

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
Good deal, nitto's are cheaper and seem to be better than the f1's. But for reallly good tires go with michelin pilot's. I have had way to many f1's that come in brand new that are out of round causing the VIBE.

yeah what he said, the f-1's getting on mt nerves:bash: I was told the Kumhos are a good deal and are pretty sticky too. I went with some Nittos though. Had good luck with them so far, why change. I did go a size larger though 315/35 17's:beer:

jtfx6552

Established Member
It is very popular to dump on F1's. I like them. At the Mod shootout, I showed up on BFG KD's. First 4 passes, nothing under 1.9 for the sixty foot. I borrowed Hammers F1's, then four 1.8's in a row.

The KD's make more noise too.

StangD281

Established Member
I've had the KD's before, and I agree that they are a little noisier than the F1's. I have had no real problem with the F1's....I knew what was going to happen every time I dropped the hammer, and they were very predictable when taking turns a little faster than I should. The car isn't going to be driven much more anyways, winter is around the corner.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
..... The car isn't going to be driven much more anyways, winter is around the corner.

Nooooooooo....he mentioned the "W" word!!! But it's too soon!

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
Is there a special number/letter to look for on the Goodyear GS-D3's? What is the biggest size we can put on the 17x9 wheels. Thanks....

Users who are viewing this thread