Help my sis! (Dog issue) (gross)

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
So my sis has a daschund thats maybe a year old. He is a fun little guy but recently hes having problems. This started out looking like hives, and escalated. Shes been seeing the vet constantly, got him some predistone steroids. no change. allergy meds. no change. antibiotics, no change. Anyone know wtf this is? I think this is the right forum here, if not, move it! Shes going to a new vet today for a different opinion as hers is stumped.

downsized951017120837.gif

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Having 2 dachshounds myself, I feel your pain. I'm no vet but did they investigate for spider or snake-bite?

Our younger one got bit on the muzzle by a copperhead and it swole up, but not like that.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
My wife is the dog expert in the family so I showed her this thread and in her opinion its cancer. Poor doggy, hopefully she is wrong.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Man I'm sorry to see whatever this is. I have 5 daushunds myself. You'd think a vet could diagnose it and give you options for surgery.

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
Yeh, the appointment is right now, so ill hear from my sis prob in an hr or so.. Im kind of doubting cancer only because the whole problem started with little bumps all over his back/head. Then the back ones subsided and his face is getting nasty. The bumps puss too. Seems like some kind of infection but what the hell do i know! Ill keep everyone posted!

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
OMG I have two daschunds myself and I can imagine something like this happening to them. I am so sorry!!! I hope your sister finds out what it is and the dog gets better!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Awww. Poor pup. Any recent change in diet? Is he still eating? It could just be an allergic reaction to something.

I'm glad to hear she's finding a new vet as it sounds like the current one's approach is to just throw meds at it and hope it goes away rather than figure out the cause.

ZIMxxZUM

M0NST3RZoftheM1DW4Y
Established Member
Damn dude. that sucks. I work at a vet. i would recommend a thorough blood test, but to my knowledge it isnt cheap. my initial reaction was an allergic reaction. They could be masses, which are like little tumors. if they are the only way to get rid of them is through surgery. I would take of this fast because if they are masses they could turn cancerous.

Users who are viewing this thread