Help? My seatbelt light wont shut up!

r.berry23

Established Member
hey i know their is a quick fix i did it in my cobra when i first got her. its complicated pattern of buckling and unbuckaling the seat belt try looking in your manual or google it

dragon40k

Established Member
Read steps 1 - 9 thoroughly before proceeding with the deactivation/activation programming procedure.

Before following the procedure, ensure that the
following conditions are met:
• The parking brake is set.
• The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission).
• The ignition switch is in the OFF position.
• All vehicle doors are closed.
• The driver’s safety belt is unbuckled.
• The parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure).

The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated
by performing the following procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE.)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1–2 minutes.)
• Steps 3–5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.
3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder warning activation.
4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
• After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
• This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable BeltMinder if it is currently disabled.
7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by the safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by:
• The safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
• Followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off.
• Once again, the safety belt warning light will flash four times per second for three seconds.
9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Or you can do what I did and just disconect the belt minder harness uner the seat. Took 30 seconds.

oceansidesam

Drive like you stole it!!
Established Member
So Sweet, this just became my favorite website!!! I'll try the 9 steps tomorrow, and if it doesnt work, I'll look for the harness to disconnect. thanks a bunch!!!

Users who are viewing this thread