Help!!! My car is stupid loud and i dont know why

Blackvenom12

I Like Snakes
Established Member
ok so my cobra has a 2.76, 100 mm, jlt rai, H/E, and full exhaust from the stock headers on back, no cats... I was driving home just now and suddenly I noticed that my car had become ungodly loud and the note is also very terrible... is this an exhaust leak or what? someone help because this is for sure gonna get me pulled over tomorrow

CobraKid04

Established Member
Get under it and tighten it up a bit. Try and put something on your gas pedal so you can listen to your exhaust from the outside and look for leaks. :shrug:

O and what is your setup.

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
sounds like an exhaust leak. I had a problem to were it was leaking from the coupling
on the exhaust manifold were the X pipe hooks up to. The bolts came loose it was the ugliest loudest sound ever. It sounded muffled yet loud. Check the bolts that connect to the exhasut manifolds.

KILRSVT

Established Member
sounds like an exhaust leak. I had a problem to were it was leaking from the coupling
on the exhaust manifold were the X pipe hooks up to. The bolts came loose it was the ugliest loudest sound ever. It sounded muffled yet loud. Check the bolts that connect to the exhasut manifolds.:coolman:

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
ok so my cobra has a 2.76, 100 mm, jlt rai, H/E, and full exhaust from the stock headers on back, no cats... I was driving home just now and suddenly I noticed that my car had become ungodly loud and the note is also very terrible... is this an exhaust leak or what? someone help because this is for sure gonna get me pulled over tomorrow

dude, get under that thing and look! or if you put the car under serious load that may also help with where it might be coming from.. like going from 1st to 4th and then when you get into 4th at like 1100 rpms, floor the gas! good luck!

Blackvenom12

I Like Snakes
Established Member
thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it, so I finally got a low enough jack and some stands to get under the damn thing, long story short my flange bolt popped off and was basically running on an open header on the left side, tightened it up and now im back to that x pipe/ magnaflow roar!

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it, so I finally got a low enough jack and some stands to get under the damn thing, long story short my flange bolt popped off and was basically running on an open header on the left side, tightened it up and now im back to that x pipe/ magnaflow roar!

glad you figured it out. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread