Help!!! Mgw shifter won"t break loose from trans!! Need advice asap!

RiskyRick

Established Member
This afternoon I went to remove my mgw shifter, and it simply will not come off. I've tried wiggling the lever back and forth like mgw recomends, as well as trying to pry it and attempting to wedge a razor blade under it. The darn thing just will not give. Any tips/ tricks for getting it to break loose? The silicon has it glued on there and I don't know what to do.

Yes, before any one makes the comment, the bolts are out.

NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I used a crow bar from above to remove my old steeda shifter. You should get some of cobra bobs gaskets. Cheap and you will never have to worry about this again! I will never own another mustang without them

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
mustve powershifted your shifter right into the tranny.. jeez. pull on it for petes sake! :dw:

RiskyRick

Established Member
mustve powershifted your shifter right into the tranny.. jeez. pull on it for petes sake! :dw:

Holy Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ. How long did it take to come up with that one? Now go make a sentence that makes sense and try again.

It was stuck on there way too good to just pull off. What ended up working was using a seal puller to get underneath the edge of the base. This thread is over.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
oh he's mad, which is exactly what my intentions were to begin with :pepper: see ya powershitter! :rockon:

RiskyRick

Established Member
Nope, I'm not mad at all, just pointing out your failure to use comprehendable engrish. Things that people say anonymously over the internet are the least of my worries, was just looking to get some advise from people who had experienced the same problem. If your sentence had at the very least made sense from a mechanical standpoint, maybe it would've been a bit more effective. It didn't though.... at all..... So I guess we'll never know.

You make fun of my shifting all you like, I really do not care. Odds are I could still outshift you any day of the week, even with this notchy ass tr3650, and my ****ed up knee, so I'm just going to chuckle at your failed attempt and move on with my day.

Get a life you wanna-be troll.

RiskyRick

Established Member
Oh, Genuinely? Please explain then, oh regular poster :)bowdown::rollseyes), exactly the manner in which an individual could "powershift their shifter right into the tranny."

I await your intelligent reply.:bored:

I personally do not see how it could be taken as clever- anyone who knows me knows that I've been powershifting my vehicles for a long time with good results and, as of yet, no broken parts. There is no basis for anything that he said.

(I'm really not mad, lol, just got bored and thought I'd feed the trolls.)

Last edited:

tobynt

Established Member
It can't be done and I was reading it as a joke with a play on words..............

Your profile name..."Mr. Powershift" with a "shifter issue". It was funny.

Very similar to your "warship" icons above.......

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
:eek: calm down mr. supershifter. sounds to me like your getting a little butt hurt over someone making a joke. And troll? Your kidding right, in the 3 months I've been on here I haven't seen you give a single shred of good advice. If anything I put an MGW shifter on in less time than it took you to make this thread. And considering you dont know me or how I can shift id keep your "I can outshift you" comments to yourself. Or i guess I can say "I can install a shifter faster than you any day" think before you speak, you would certainly come across as a much more intelligent person if you did.

And i was giving advice, I said PULL ON IT.

Last edited:

RiskyRick

Established Member
:eek: calm down mr. supershifter. sounds to me like your getting a little butt hurt over someone making a joke. And troll? Your kidding right, in the 3 months I've been on here I haven't seen you give a single shred of good advice. If anything I put an MGW shifter on in less time than it took you to make this thread. And considering you dont know me or how I can shift id keep your "I can outshift you" comments to yourself. Or i guess I can say "I can install a shifter faster than you any day" think before you speak, you would certainly come across as a much more intelligent person if you did.

And i was giving advice, I said PULL ON IT.

Ha

Literally, I put the shifter in with no problems a long time ago. The trouble I was having was taking it back off. Pulling on it was the very first thing I tried, but I didn't want to pull hard enough for it to pop off and hit/crack the console.

It literally sounded from your "joke" (which you outright said was meant to be inflamatory) like you where poking fun at my shifting even though, oddly enough, you don't know me either.

If you don't think I have given any good advice, please review. I may not post on other peoples threads very often, but when I do, I don't just go on there without knowing what I'm talking about.

I know that most people think the questions that I have asked on here aren't worth their time. Oddly enough, though, you snobby assholes find the time anyway, and find a way to shit on my threads without exception.

I really don't care how I come across to you pricks, ban me, I don't care. Basically, **** you, **** SVTP, and **** the rest of the Mustang community who all seem to have this holier than thou art attitude.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Ha

Literally, I put the shifter in with no problems a long time ago. The trouble I was having was taking it back off. Pulling on it was the very first thing I tried, but I didn't want to pull hard enough for it to pop off and hit/crack the console.

It literally sounded from your "joke" (which you outright said was meant to be inflamatory) like you where poking fun at my shifting even though, oddly enough, you don't know me either.

If you don't think I have given any good advice, please review. I may not post on other peoples threads very often, but when I do, I don't just go on there without knowing what I'm talking about.

I know that most people think the questions that I have asked on here aren't worth their time. Oddly enough, though, you snobby assholes find the time anyway, and find a way to shit on my threads without exception.

I really don't care how I come across to you pricks, ban me, I don't care. Basically, **** you, **** SVTP, and **** the rest of the Mustang community who all seem to have this holier than thou art attitude.

But he is not mad.... Holy thread derailment batman!!!

Users who are viewing this thread