Help! Meth or no Meth

jakhammer

Established Member
Im on the fence. I think I want a Snow Meth kit, but I am not sure. I still see pretty high heat numbers even after my port (close to 150 on the strip). But on top of that I want the power. I know I can run more timing and less fuel with meth. But the question is will I really gain all that much. And then on top of all that I am worried the meth will eat things up (like aluminum). Last thing I need is for my i/c to spring a leak (not likely, but u get my drift). I am realistic and dont expect 50rwhp form it, but I would like to see 20 and 10-20rwtq as well as 1-2 tenths in th 1/4.

Another reason I think it would be good is I found a place close to buy 55 gallon drums of meth for a very reasonable price. Mix that 50/50 (or 40/60 or 30/70) and I can run a long time for fairly cheap (cheaper that washer fluid by far without the extras of wiper fluid and have a constant mix that dont fluxuate). So should I or should I not and do my power increase look doable with my mods (see sig)?

Chris

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
I think I will eventually buy it to run in So.Fl. I can't give you any recommendations besides my buddy who has an 04L tuned by REM and
he said that it helped him at the track.He also said with the hood up and revving the engine by hand....The intake felt very cool to the touch.
I know the water/meth mix also eliminates any carbon build-up on the inside
of your engine(Valves,piston top ect...) Let us know what happens if you
buy it??

Users who are viewing this thread