help me

crbutt07

Established Member
ok guys i have a problem, I tried to fix it myself but I have run out of ideas (well almost) I have a 07 mustang gt with a few mods, The issue shows its ugly head when and only when i am doing a cold start. Once i start it the car will run like i have some really big cams(i dont) it will bog and chug for about 20sec then there are some popping noises going on on the bottom drive side of the engine and the it will rev up to 3k rpm's then settle on down and run fine oh and its also throwing a p0171 code, I have tried to fix it by doing the following cleaned the M.A.S. cleaned the air filter, totally dis&ass my intake, replaced the fuel filter, Checked for vacuum leaks, and started running high Octane. Here is a link to a video of my cold start. Home - No Ordinary Stangs

just go to the video section thank you!!

crbutt07

Established Member
hmm

well i hope that the car has a tune bc the cold air intake that is on the car requires one but im really not sure i bought the car modded and im not quite sure what he has done :shrug:

96supersnake

Established Member
^^Thats a good place to start, these cars are so sensative to more air, its crazy..I have the Roush cai, and no tune, but I have the step down tube still in place, im broke, ha ha, so no tune right now..

05ArmyGT

Established Member
I had the same exact problem on an 05 GT a year or so back. Bought it and it had a CAI and axlebacks I got it from the stealership and it ran fine for a dayish then it threw a code and starting doing that crap...tune fixed it all. nothing to worry about!

Users who are viewing this thread