Help me with a small xmas list

5.0stang95

Established Member
Hey guys looking for your input on the cobra. I just bought it in July its an 03 with 6800 miles on it. Everything was stock when I bought it. I have since just done cat back exhaust and few visual mods window tint, radiator cover, small things like that.
Plans in the near future for the car are a Jokers port, 2.73 upper, jlt intake. (not sure which on yet) bap and tune. Long term goals are a tvs on e85.
I am looking for a small xmas list (cheaper parts for now to help support the build later. Which would you guys do first. I dont want to back track when I do the TVS. The car will just be a weekend cruiser occasional drag strip.
The start of the list. What would be on your list.
Get rid of stock H/E? any benefit now
Upgrade coolant tanks?
Rear brace?
Different shifter
10.5 replicas
Thoughts?

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Pretty much all that you have listed will need to be done eventually. I'd fallow up with the ic tank and heat exchanger, they will help you while you're just a ported car. Tvs and e85 will need expensive supporting mods, return fuel system large injectors 80's or id1000's if you're really going to spin it hard. I'd also recommend getting a snub idler for your ported setup for belt wrap

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
Hey guys looking for your input on the cobra. I just bought it in July its an 03 with 6800 miles on it. Everything was stock when I bought it. I have since just done cat back exhaust and few visual mods window tint, radiator cover, small things like that.
Plans in the near future for the car are a Jokers port, 2.73 upper, jlt intake. (not sure which on yet) bap and tune. Long term goals are a tvs on e85.
I am looking for a small xmas list (cheaper parts for now to help support the build later. Which would you guys do first. I dont want to back track when I do the TVS. The car will just be a weekend cruiser occasional drag strip.
The start of the list. What would be on your list.
Get rid of stock H/E? any benefit now
Upgrade coolant tanks?
Rear brace?
Different shifter
10.5 replicas
Thoughts?

Strictly my opinion, but skip the port and BAP. You will not need a BAP with just a pulley. Add the pulley and exhaust ( I did full exhaust w/ longtubes) for the quick easy power gain first.

This is how I built my car, I worked backward and added power at the end. Painful but I got all the supporting mods first which everyone usually breaks and has to fix later.

Cooling mods first: yes bigger tanks & heat exchanger (add'l bonus for adding fans which are awesome btw), 170 deg t-stat, head cooling mod for driver side head (known to run hot as there is no real true flow through coolant design), better coolant

Skip rear brace: Get FTBR bushing kit and Ford Racing diff cover. Brace is a band aid fix and guys still pop the egg shell cover with a brace

Aftermarket shifter, Twin disc clutch and 26 spline input shaft to handle power with the TVS. I like McLeod

As mentioned you will need a return fuel setup with e85 compatible pumps and injectors, I highly recommend ID1000s will flow more than enough on corn and are easy to tune.

Add the blower and anything else youd like

Skip the replicas, 315's will fit on your factory 17x9 just fine. I run NT05R on my 10th anny for the sleeper look and have a set of Bogarts for dedicated drag or when im looking for traction. Remember half shafts will wheel hop with a stiff side wall tire, A bias ply tire is your best friend for not breaking the half shafts.

Like I said just my opinion, do what works best for you and your available funds and more importantly have fun!

5.0stang95

Established Member
Awesome thanks for the info sounds like you did what I plan on doing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Black2010

Established Member
Couldn't agree more with R3dfireCobra approach.

If you plan on TVS and E85 then I wouldn't waste the money on a ported Eaton.

My plans with my car are not nearly as aggressive as you or R3dfireCobra (only plan on pulley change) but I'm also focusing on supporting mods first. Suspension and cooling should be first major upgrades. I started with my exhaust and then turned to those two items.

For a Christmas shopping list for my spouse/family, if my car was still fairly stock, it would be:
- Shorty antenna
- Hood Strut Kit
- head cooling mod
- Sequential Tail Light
- JLT CAI
- Coolant & Expansion Tanks

Last edited:

TxCobra76

Established Member
e3d6485c4c19ef3d1e844d5c38764f17.png

Seen this on facebook. The jokerz port any good? Price isn't bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.0stang95

Established Member
I have been following Jokerz and it seems like he is getting alot of great reviews. He caught my attention when he ported one service members for free for his service. Sounds like a great guy!

Users who are viewing this thread