Help me spend my money!

Venimus

Established Member
I sold off my 1989 Vortech supercharged 'Vert and finally took the plunge with a 2003 Cobra. It is a black 10th anniversary with 5,000 miles on the ticker. No convertible for me this time - too heavy and flimsy. I am like a pig in poop! This beast is amazing and the sky is the limit with the foundation on these tings.
Here's my dilemna: I have about $5,000 left over from selling the old mule (which was running high 11's, no slouch) that I can plow into the Cobra. So far the mods done by the previous owner are:

2.81" pulley (no aftermarket idlers??)
CAI
Shifter
Off-road exhaust and cat-back (not installed yet)
Diablo tuner
Spare set of 10th anniv wheels with drag radials

So help me spend my dough! The wife has imposed a 3 month moratorium on spending/modifying and I am half way through so I got to get my plan together to get it done before i go mad. Here is what I am thinking so far:
  • Line loc (already purchased, not installed yet)
  • Kenne Bell supercharger
  • 55lb injectors
  • Dual Focus fuel pumps
  • Heat exchanger
  • Cooler resevoir
  • Clutch/flywheel
  • Subframes
  • Wide band O2 sensor/guage
  • Data logger
  • Custom tune (of course)

So anybody have any other ideas? I am using this as a weekend/fun car that I may occasionally take to work and to the track a few times a year. I don't plan on ever using slicks and launching super hard, so I think the tranny and halfshafts should last awhile (fingers crossed). I would like to keep it pretty streetable, unlike the 1989 Vert, which I gutted and made not much fun to cruise in any more.

All ideas are welcome.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Welcome to the site and congrats on your Cobra. You could also look into a boost-a-pump instead of the focus pumps. I'd still go with the BF IRS brace since it is an affordable peace of mind for your rear diff cover even without lots of track time. Your list looks pretty good but you'll need a new MAF or a MAFXtender/MAFIA.

Fast04SVT

Well, thats good to know. I'm thinking about selling my KB for a Twin Turbo. I dont know if you would be interested in it or not. Its in perfect shape its polished...go to www.mycobra.us and u will see the car. I bought it from that guy. If u want me to make a video to make sure it works perfect i can. so whatever u want me to do. just Pm me and tell me what you think

stangfreak

Established Member
well, the kb is a awesome idea!! i mean you can get a twin turbo kit for the cobra and be stupid fast. id love to have one, but i dont have the time and money for that. it takes time to get a kit, pretty complex to install yada yada.

check this out though, dont take a kenne bell cobra with SPRAY lightly. so you can always put the kb on and add a shot of nitrous like a 50-75 shot :beer: or more lol

stangfreak

Established Member
oh and get the 60 lb injectors. little bit bigger and they are supposed to spray better than the 55's so i heard

Juiced-03

Established Member
Ya get the 60lb injectors. Also, I would get the BAP instead of the pumps. Don't forget the MAFia. If you have the extra money, I would also invest in some CPR fuel rails and a -8an fuel line. Those are not necessary, but I feel they will be very helpful in maintaining proper fuel pressure, especially if you plan on swapping pullies once in a while for more boost. Don't forget a decent set of sprak plugs, maybe an upper idler bracket for belt slip, and I highly recommend looking into a brake pad upgrade (or if money permits, the '00 Cobra R front kit with rear '00 pads). Looks like you have a good list though!

Venimus

Established Member
OK, thanks for all the feedback. I am adding throttle body and MAF meter to the list. 60lb injectors and BAP are now substituted for the 55's and Focus pumps. I agree with the suggested IRS brace, too. What is a "SFC"? Sorry for being such a newbie.

Users who are viewing this thread