help me spend 2000.00

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
so heres the deal , i have 2k to spend now, then in the somewhat near future i plan on getting a 2.6 or 2.8 kb. just looking to get all the supporting mods out of the way. at this point all that has been done to the car is jlt cai, magnaflow cat back, 2.93 lightning pulley and subframes. what other mods will i need(type and brand) should i get? 60 or 63# injectors? throttle body type and size? MAFia? bap? not really looking for show more go, just want it to go good . any and all help is appreciated. thanks guys:banana:

Black Sex

Established Member
Just send it to me and I'll get it spent for you :)

I would beef up the rear end with bruces kit. That will eat up about $600. Then get a MAF, and maybe injectors for when you need them. You gotta ask your self if you wanna buy parts now and use them later or but parts now and use them now? Maybe search the market for a used blower. Thats what I did. My Whipple, injectors, and BAP cost me $1800 + my stock eaton and injectors

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Hmm...I say save some more money and start lookin' for parts in the market section.
I picked up many of my TS parts used for smokin' deals and I suggest the same.
BAP used, mafia used, injectors 60#s used, accufab s/b, look in the market forum. Even my KB used
Just my opinion

28psi

Still a Noob
Established Member
Isn't the interest on auto loans normally front loaded? Paying that off early would only benefit the bank? Now you could pay down your home loan if you have one and that would be beneficial. Sorry for the OT

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Isn't the interest on auto loans normally front loaded? Paying that off early would only benefit the bank? Now you could pay down your home loan if you have one and that would be beneficial. Sorry for the OT
Depends on how the loan is written and the bank, some are some aren't.

OP: if 2k will pay the loan off then I would do that then put your car payment in a savings account till you get the funds for your mods. in the meantime do some researching and planning so you have a list ready to go when you get your money saved up.

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
i appreciate the economics 101 class. the interest on 6 months of payments is minimal, but the question was what to get for the kb. thanks for the answers that pertain to the opening question.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Assuming your suspension is stock as well as your tranny thats where I would put my money. 2k might not be enough. Good parts in the T56 can range from 1000-1300 just in parts.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
A boost a pump would be a waste with a 2.6 or 2.8

i'd get twin gt pumps a fore hat and twin fpdm's. 63-80 lbs injectors. Mass air like a 2800-3000 SCT meter. Single bore throttle body. Lots to upgrade with a 2.6 or a 2.8

sc98cbra

Established Member
i appreciate the economics 101 class. the interest on 6 months of payments is minimal, but the question was what to get for the kb. thanks for the answers that pertain to the opening question.

You asked... Don't get mad at our responses... Who really would put money towards mods on a car that they do not completely own?

Last edited:

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
You asked... Don't get mad at out responses... Who really would put money towards mods on a car that they do not completely own?

sorry, i never asked for financial advice. if i was looking for financial advice i would ask my wife, seeing as she is an economist. if only she sold performance parts for a cobra, i wouldn't be having this conversation.

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
Assuming your suspension is stock as well as your tranny thats where I would put my money. 2k might not be enough. Good parts in the T56 can range from 1000-1300 just in parts.

will a stock t-56 handle 600-625? thats all i want to put down

cobra=trouble

Established Member
A boost a pump would be a waste with a 2.6 or 2.8

i'd get twin gt pumps a fore hat and twin fpdm's. 63-80 lbs injectors. Mass air like a 2800-3000 SCT meter. Single bore throttle body. Lots to upgrade with a 2.6 or a 2.8

for the OP....i want a 3.4 whipple now .i got every thing you need everything but you need alot more cash
KB 2.6
60'S
GT 40 PUMPS DUAL FPDM's and wiring
BAP. never used
BA #2400 ONLY 2000 miles on them

Last edited:

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
Hmm...I say save some more money and start lookin' for parts in the market section.
I picked up many of my TS parts used for smokin' deals and I suggest the same.
BAP used, mafia used, injectors 60#s used, accufab s/b, look in the market forum. Even my KB used
Just my opinion

any problems with any of the used stuff you got?

Users who are viewing this thread