Help me set up and choose my suspension

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I have came to the point I'm ready to start modding my suspension..right now it's stock. I ordered and paid for a set of H&R race springs on ebay and got scammed, now I'm in the process of getting a paypal refund :fm: !!! Anyways...please give me some suggestions so I can do it right the first time. By the way it's an 03 cobra and has a little over 500 hp when I had it dyno'd last time. I want a very solid, good handling car, I can deal with a little noise from the suspension...but I don't want a track only car. I drive it about 4000 miles a year mostly on the street with a couple of trips to the strip to have fun.

First I wanted to use the H&R race springs, subframe connectors (either steeda or maximum motorsports), Steeda's IRS stop the hop package or another brand if better, Steeda's roll control kit, either Steeda or MM's 4 bolt caster camber plates, I am up in the air about either offset rack bushing and the X2 ball joints from Steeda...don't want to buy them if it's not realy needed. Basically I want the car to handle great and like I said I can give up a little ride quality for this. Should I pick a brand and stay with it or mix it up a little to get the most out of my set up? I don't mind to spend a little cash but I'm not willing at this time to spend $4500 for a complete Maximum Motorsports set up either....I want bang for the buck.

Please don't flame me for not searching...I have done plenty of that. I just want some final advice to make the most educated decisions for my car before ordering the parts and installing them.

If I have missed anything let me know or if I can ommit some parts tell me that as well......thanks in advance....this is a great website by the way!!! Lots of good technical advice!!! I'm glad I jumped ship and came over from the LSx world!!!!

Last edited:

ssblubyyou

Established Member
also I've thought about ac427cobra's bushing kit too...seems like a nice product with good function and price.

TTT for the night.

Iron Fist

Established Member
I would add mods in stages rather then going out and spending a whole bunch of money at once; you may find that the car is too rough or doesn't ride the way you want, then you'll be stuck trying to figure out what too fix.

First on your list should be springs, diff brace, pinion bushings and full length subframe connectors. Once you have done this you'll notice a big improvement, then you can start toying around with other add ons as you see fit.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
How much did you want to spend?

I started a little bit at a time. First with MM subframes (full lengths are a must), IRS subframe bushings, coil overs with new struts/shocks and CC plates, then tubular A-arms and diff bushings. I LOVE how it is setup now, going to finish with a new K member and tie rods and I'll be good to go :pepper:

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I was initially gonna keep it around $1500 or so....labor will be free since I have plenty of tools and can do the work myself.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Which coil over kit do u recommmend

I have MM ones...I dont really think it matters though. Everyone has different ones and no one has had problems with them. You just pay a little mor ethan a conventional spring setup. but you drop weight, add adjustability and performance to the car. just the fact that i can make my car ANY ehight I want and make it the SAME height on all corners made me buy them.

Users who are viewing this thread