Help Me set my adjustable suspension struts & shocks

mhinchley

Established Member
Have tubular K & A arms with coil overs & 10 one way adjustable struts (1-10). In the rear, I am solid axle (detroit locker, 31 splines, welded tubes, girdled & braced, drag springs with airbag in passenger side with 15psi & 8 one way adjustable shocks. I have QA1 adjustable upper control arms and have the pinion angle set @ -2*. Lower control arms QA1. Frame is connected, 6 point roll bar, torque boxes reinforced. Still a manual trans with 26 spline input shaft. Have line lock & am running Hoosier DOTs 315 on 17x10.5 wheels.

Should I go full stiff 8 on the rear & full low 1 on the front? Never messed with suspension this much on a car, so a little clueless on how to dial it in.

I did a couple pulls with a 3000ish launch & slipping the clutch with a 1.8 60', easing through the gears to 11.6 @ 120. The tires seemed to grip pretty well without spinning except for one time when they left me sitting too long after they were heated. Have a reunion on the 4th & did not want to hurt the car. After the 4th, I plan to get back out there and hit it hard, both on the launch and through the gears, as I will have my data logger ready to go then. (2.3 whipple spinning just a tick above 18,000rpm, full headers, e85, etc)
th_20140613_2013181_zpsb7f660cf.jpg

Last edited:

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Fronts I always got my best 60' at full loose at 1. But in competition I found I would red light more times than often at full loose. Pulling tires straight up out of lights. I found around 3 it quit redlighting. Backs I always ran 6-8 at track.

Users who are viewing this thread