Help me remodel my dining room!!!!!!!!!!

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Does anyone know of any sites or software that could assist someone terribly uncreative in remodeling a dining room.

I'm ready to get started with my home remodeling at any time, but I can't come up with anything good. I want every room to have a unique touch to it, without getting too expensive. Not doing anything major, just new floors, furniture, paint, decor, etc..

All I know is I want the dining room to have dark wood floors (probably Pergo type) and lighter, brown paint maybe.

Anybody got any sick ideas or know where to get some???

SNCBOOM

Established Member
If you had a laundry room or closet/storage space that is on an opposite side of one of your dining room walls you could put an aquarium "into" the wall.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Does anyone know of any sites or software that could assist someone terribly uncreative in remodeling a dining room.

I'm ready to get started with my home remodeling at any time, but I can't come up with anything good. I want every room to have a unique touch to it, without getting too expensive. Not doing anything major, just new floors, furniture, paint, decor, etc..

All I know is I want the dining room to have dark wood floors (probably Pergo type) and lighter, brown paint maybe.

Anybody got any sick ideas or know where to get some???
Is there a particular style you're looking for?
Modern, Contemporary, Traditional?

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Is there a particular style you're looking for?
Modern, Contemporary, Traditional?

Kind of a modern/rustic hybrid, if that makes sense. The dinette set I am going to buy is all dark wood with a glass top. That's about all I've semi-decided on so far.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
For a dining room there is not really a lot to do.

Maybe some decorative columns, wall decor panels, over sized crown, or corner accents...?

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
Unless your a gay man, you need to hire an interior decorator. I remodel homes for a living, and it really makes a difference when a decorator is helping pic the colors and put everything together. Most people just don't have that ability. I am in fancy multi-million dollar homes everyday, and I still had a hard time picking colors, tile, and wood floors for my house.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Doing this was pretty hard for my Wife and I while renovating. We stumbled across a CD in Home Depot made from Glidden Paints. It was $9 or so and gave you the ability to pick a room, choose floor colors / coverings, and choose paint colors. We just played around with it until we found something we liked. We kept things conservative but very happy with the outcome.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Shag carpet, disco ball instead of a chandelier and 1970's sectional wood wall paneling. Maybe a bamboo table with Plexiglas top and seat belt lawn chairs.

I could have made it to the top if I persued my great interior design skills.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Shag carpet, disco ball instead of a chandelier and 1970's sectional wood wall paneling. Maybe a bamboo table with Plexiglas top and seat belt lawn chairs.

Don't forget the floor-to-ceiling mirrors!

One thing I've seen in a lot of dining rooms in the houses we've looked at is gray or tan tile with maroon walls and white trim. Usually looks pretty nice.

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Even though you are a damn Dem, I would gladly send you some photos of my recent remodel. It all depends on your home style (mine is southern colonial, red brick with 4 40' pillars out front). I went right Thomasville walnut flooring (engineered), waynescoting, durastone pillars and pedastals, travertine mantle, 2 piece crown, 6 1'16" baseboard. All crown/coting/fluted door molding/pillars etc is gloss white with tuscan beige walls. The 3 colors contrast nicely.

Installed 2 Interior and 1 exterior french door (with internal blinds on the exterior), this to obviously separate the room.

PM a exterior pic of your house and an interior pic of the space you wanna do. I'll come up with something you might like.

Also let me know if you want those pics of what I did (kitchen cabinets are installing right now). Good luck to ya.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member

P I M P. 100%. Certified.

For a dining room there is not really a lot to do.

Maybe some decorative columns, wall decor panels, over sized crown, or corner accents...?

Shit man, this is even simpler than that. I just need a color pattern and maybe some decor ideas for 2 walls. I'm looking for something unique on the cheapy.

Unless your a gay man, you need to hire an interior decorator. I remodel homes for a living, and it really makes a difference when a decorator is helping pic the colors and put everything together. Most people just don't have that ability. I am in fancy multi-million dollar homes everyday, and I still had a hard time picking colors, tile, and wood floors for my house.

I'm considering it.

Don't forget the floor-to-ceiling mirrors!

One thing I've seen in a lot of dining rooms in the houses we've looked at is gray or tan tile with maroon walls and white trim. Usually looks pretty nice.

Eff that, in my house, it is standard to have mirrors on ALL of the ceilings. WireEater also helped me with that idea.

Go here, see if there are any dining rooms you like.

Dining Room Designs - Decorating Ideas - Rate My Space

Thank you ma'am ;-)

Even though you are a damn Dem, I would gladly send you some photos of my recent remodel. It all depends on your home style (mine is southern colonial, red brick with 4 40' pillars out front). I went right Thomasville walnut flooring (engineered), waynescoting, durastone pillars and pedastals, travertine mantle, 2 piece crown, 6 1'16" baseboard. All crown/coting/fluted door molding/pillars etc is gloss white with tuscan beige walls. The 3 colors contrast nicely.

Installed 2 Interior and 1 exterior french door (with internal blinds on the exterior), this to obviously separate the room.

PM a exterior pic of your house and an interior pic of the space you wanna do. I'll come up with something you might like.

Also let me know if you want those pics of what I did (kitchen cabinets are installing right now). Good luck to ya.

I am no damn dem!! :cuss:

I'll try to get you some pics. In the mean time, I'd love to see your work.

Users who are viewing this thread